NFL GDT: Week 6

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Not really sure who's talking conspiracy? The vast majority of the conversation is that it's a series of bad calls that got the Packers' a win they didn't deserve. Perhaps some small talk that the star players get more favorable calls (nothing new or limited to the NFL).

Numerous people are clearly hinting that the Packers tend to get favorable calls. However, the Packers have already potentially lost a game this year because of a missed call, but these same people were pretty quiet then. Point is that it's not because it's the Packers. It's just that refs suck in general.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You gotta be really naive to think sports officials aren't human beings and sports fans with subconscious biases.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You gotta be really naive to think sports officials aren't human beings and sports fans with subconscious biases.

So these officials don't make bad judgement calls in games involving 31 of the other teams?

The only bias you will see is when they officiate specific players who either always complain or are always committing fouls. They will be more likely to flag in those situations.

Doesn't have anything to do with the team itself.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So these officials don't make bad judgement calls in games involving 31 of the other teams?

The only bias you will see is when they officiate specific players who either always complain or are always committing fouls. They will be more likely to flag in those situations.

Doesn't have anything to do with the team itself.
I'm sure that there is bias in terms of team to team. Like Trey Flowers never having a illegal hands to the face call while in NE, but going to Detroit he likely is using the same technique yet gets called twice.

So, I do believe that there is bias towards "Good" teams who take fewer penalties that do get the benefit of the doubt vs other not so good teams.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm sure that there is bias in terms of team to team. Like Trey Flowers never having a illegal hands to the face call while in NE, but going to Detroit he likely is using the same technique yet gets called twice.

So, I do believe that there is bias towards "Good" teams who take fewer penalties that do get the benefit of the doubt vs other not so good teams.

I’m sure there are some biases-there is with almost everything- but I think sometimes what can be explained by bias can be more accurately explained by plain ol’ incompetence. And boy oh boy are these refs that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad