NFL GDT: Week 6

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know there's very little chance of them overturning a PI or non-PI call but I'm still surprised Patricia didn't challenge the one on their last drive. That was one of the more obvious missed DPI calls.

He had a challenge left, right?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Whether the refs were biased or just pathetic, that was as bad as it gets. Those calls were worse than egregious.

I like the idea of the Lions walking off the field and forcing the league to declare a forfeit. I was also thinking that their entire d-line should have intentionally gone offside every single play to extend the game into infinity. Last team to drop dead wins.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I know there's very little chance of them overturning a PI or non-PI call but I'm still surprised Patricia didn't challenge the one on their last drive. That was one of the more obvious missed DPI calls.

He had a challenge left, right?

He did, but he likely also figured that he'd need all three timeouts. That was not getting overturned no matter how obvious the PI was.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
the fail mary was a incorrect judgement call

tonight was two phantom calls based on hallucinations

The two calls tonight were incorrect judgment calls as well.

The refs also missed Golden Tate pushing off Sam Shields to create room to jump.

They also called a horrible roughing the passer call where Wilson was hit in the hip area as the ball was being thrown but it was ruled he was hit below his knees. That play negated an INT that would've given the Packers the ball deep in Seattle territory up 12-7.

They also called a pass interference on Sam Shields when Sidney Rice clearly pushed off that gave them a 1st and 10 from the Packers 25 instead of a 2nd and 25 from their own 43. They didn't score but it flipped field position allowing the set up for the Fail Mary.

Again, this is just from the last 8 or so minutes of that game. But tell me again how two calls where the defender had his hands inside the should pads forcing the lineman to tilt his head back were worse calls than these.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This guy you’re dealing with is out to lunch.

The travesty in Seattle was such a black eye on the shield that they actually capitulated to the puny referees union.

Let’s see if tonight’s game breaks twitter records for something like retweets, like tj lang did after the fail mary game with his “hey nfl fine me and pay the real referees with the money”(roughly remembered) tweet.

I am kinda feeling like it won’t. :laugh:

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
The two calls tonight were incorrect judgment calls as well.

The refs also missed Golden Tate pushing off Sam Shields to create room to jump.

They also called a horrible roughing the passer call where Wilson was hit in the hip area as the ball was being thrown but it was ruled he was hit below his knees. That play negated an INT that would've given the Packers the ball deep in Seattle territory up 12-7.

They also called a pass interference on Sam Shields when Sidney Rice clearly pushed off that gave them a 1st and 10 from the Packers 25 instead of a 2nd and 25 from their own 43. They didn't score but it flipped field position allowing the set up for the Fail Mary.

Again, this is just from the last 8 or so minutes of that game. But tell me again how two calls where the defender had his hands inside the should pads forcing the lineman to tilt his head back were worse calls than these.
I was at “fail mary”. September of 2012. My first time seeing my packers play live in 5 years. Then that crap happens. I endured so much crap from their fans that night after the game in their bars. I was pretty into arguing so I kept my Raji jersey on all night till the bitter end. I just kept telling them that I won’t be there to tell them I told you so but that the league would admit the wrong team won. So I guess I hope they remember the guy in the raji jersey and told themselves that he told them so. :DD

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It's nice to see everyone around the league see and acknowledge that we got screwed by the refs

....but at the same time, I'm not sure that this game makes a "top 5 times the Lions were screwed over by the refs in a primetime game" or a "top 5 times Lions were screwed over by the refs vs the packers".

It's also fitting that it was Trey Flowers. There's no way he gets called for those penalties if he's still on the Patriots

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Yes, those refs were awful last night, and I know we're all shocked to see the Packers get those calls at Lambeau of all places. Granted, the Lions shouldn't have done their usual strategy of settling for field goals due to either not executing properly, not catching the ball in the end zone (cough...TJ), or poor play calling. This is the same exact thing that cost them the KC game, and you'd think they'd learn from previous mistakes, but then again, it's the Lions, so what do you expect.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Really hate bad officiating. Usually it's the "elite" teams that get the breaks. From a selfish POV, I had Packers in my season suicide pool. I live to see another week.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Really hate bad officiating. Usually it's the "elite" teams that get the breaks. From a selfish POV, I had Packers in my season suicide pool. I live to see another week.
Agreed. I don't mind bad calls, but the team perceived to be better usually gets them. I'm not sure the Packers actually are the better team in reality.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
It's also really great that during the broadcast they bring up the "heroics" of Rodgers throwing the hail mary to beat the lions..... and don't bring up the fact that the only reason he had that opportunity was a completely phantom facemasking call with 0:00 left on the clock to give him that extra bonus play. Far from the first time the league has manufactured calls to get the Packers wins

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Here's a unique concept. Maybe officials are just bad and not a part of a conspiracy to aid X team that beat your team.
Meh. Weak sauce post. Most of us aren't Packers fans. Watch pro sports for half a century and you'll realize the perceived favorite gets the call more than half the time.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Meh. Weak sauce post. Most of us aren't Packers fans. Watch pro sports for half a century and you'll realize the perceived favorite gets the call more than half the time.

I would say that's a cognitive bias. You're going to remember or react more to blown calls when it fits into a bias than when it doesn't.

Blown calls are blown calls.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Or you just remember those more.

The Packers got screwed against the Eagles with a lack of a PI on Rodgers' late game INT, but nobody seemed to make a huge deal out of it. But as soon as the Packers get a favorable call, all of a sudden they're conspiring to help them win.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Here's a unique concept

Maybe officials are just bad and not a part of a conspiracy to aid X team that beat your team.

Or you just remember those more.

The Packers got screwed against the Eagles with a lack of a PI on Rodgers' late game INT, but nobody seemed to make a huge deal out of it. But as soon as the Packers get a favorable call, all of a sudden they're conspiring to help them win.

Not really sure who's talking conspiracy? The vast majority of the conversation is that it's a series of bad calls that got the Packers' a win they didn't deserve. Perhaps some small talk that the star players get more favorable calls (nothing new or limited to the NFL).

Reactions: Brooklyn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad