NFL GDT: Week 6

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Those calls should be reviewable too. Detroit just got absolutely jobbed.

And its not like reviews would really be difficult there or time consuming

NFL could pay me to watch game on TV and one glance at that video and I could say that was not penalty

Would take less then a minute. Hell fans could review plays faster and better then league has

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Who cares...Lions have been jobbed on bad calls seemingly every damn game for years

The bigger issue for me is that Detroit still can't score touchdowns and that has been a problem for years. Came back to haunt them once again.

Who cares? The game would have ended like 25-13 if the Lions didn't get that first illegal hands to the face call. It's one thing to call it wrong the first time, but to call it wrong a SECOND time? Come on now.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's games like these that make me wonder why I even watch sports when a few dipshits can decide to abuse their power and ruin the integrity of the game

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Who cares...Lions have been jobbed on bad calls seemingly every damn game for years

The bigger issue for me is that Detroit still can't score touchdowns and that has been a problem for years. Came back to haunt them once again.

The Lions needs more weapons, their defense is pretty solid.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Who cares? The game would have ended like 25-13 if the Lions didn't get that first illegal hands to the face call. It's one thing to call it wrong the first time, but to call it wrong a SECOND time? Come on now.

I'm a Lions fan. I've already seen it all.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You know what, I think what happened tonight was worse than anything we had to deal with when the replacement refs had to do the job. Tonight was really the first time I thought the NFL game was rigged. If I wanted to watch something that was Rigged, I would watch Monday Night Raw, which might be more better officiated than this game.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
My buddy told me that the league might find it easier to promote Rodgers in the Super Bowl which is why the Packers always seem to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs; but what’s sad is that’s probably not the case and it’s just incompetence in the officiating crew.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That's a good idea too. As teams just go through the motions, nothing will be done. You get a team to be radical about what is happening regarding the officiating, the NFL might have a really bad public image to deal with but they will get the message.

NFL wouldn't care, they'd just have the networks selling it as intrigue for the next game.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The officiating this year is probably at an all time low.
Seriously, how many garbage calls every game gets missed/screwed up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They weren't perfect and had moments in career they wanted back but the loss of guys like Ed Hochuli and Jeff Triplette as well as others in recent years are very much apparent in drop in quality of officiating

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That's a copout. These were egregious calls in the biggest moments, one after another. When the hell has a hands to the face ever been called in a key moment nevermind twice? Yeah they made some errors but the refs put this game away. It's inexcusable.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I can't recall the name or game yesterday but their was a QB that absolutely got decked yesterday with no call. My first reaction was if that was Brady or Rodgers, that is an easy personal foul penalty.

People will give Detroit their moral victory and forget all about it by next Sunday.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Props to Booger for giving it to the refs.

I liked when the former NFL ref commentator said something about not allowing subjectivity and referring to the PI reviews that are now available. Booger quickly shot that down by rightfully saying that hands to the face is not subjective. At that point the former ref knew that he couldn't defend his brethren any longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->