NFL GDT: Week 6

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

4-1 Eagles vs. 4-1 Panthers for the top spot in the NFC (for now).

No Lane Johnson, no Ryan Kalil, but otherwise, both teams should basically be at full strength (I'm assuming Cox will play). Neither team can run the ball. Should be fun.

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

No Lane Johnson, no Ryan Kalil, but otherwise, both teams should basically be at full strength (I'm assuming Cox will play). Neither team can run the ball. Should be fun.

I really hate the "at full strength" thing when people are talking about the NFL. Writers do it all the time. I'm not expecting to see Greg Olsen or Darren Sproles take the field tonight.

On a less semantic note, Wendell Smallwood is still a gametime decision last I saw. If he could go ahead and play that would really help me out

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Really interesting week for the Jaguars. They’re coming off a huge win that virtually nobody saw coming and definitely not in the fashion they did. They’re back home and they’re facing another interesting team in the Rams.

Leonard Fournette running against that defensive front will be the key. (And for me personally, it’s my old team vs my new team so go Jags go!)

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010

Eagles have the 5th highest rushing yards per game and a top 10 team in rushing yards per attempt. Not sure where you get that they cannot run the ball. Now do I expect them to against Carolina? Not to that extent, but they are not some bottom 10 running team like what is implied.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Oh, do they? That's news to me. It certainly doesn't feel like they've had success, but looking it up, you're right. They've face some weak run defenses though, so I'd love to see schedule-adjusted numbers.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
My fantasy team would appreciate it if the Carolina coaching staff remembered CMC is still on the team.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
My fantasy team would appreciate it if the Carolina coaching staff remembered CMC is still on the team.

He leads all rookies in receptions and yards and averages 12.2 touches per game as a backup RB. He hasn't done anything on the ground, but nobody has because the line can't run block.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
He leads all rookies in receptions and yards and averages 12.2 touches per game as a backup RB. He hasn't done anything on the ground, but nobody has because the line can't run block.

I havent fully watched their games but they could still be a bit more creative in giving him more carries. Stewart is coming off an 18 carry, 21 yard game which is pathetic and even bad run blocking is no excuse for that.

I dont think CMC will ever be a 20 carry guy but he isnt exactly built like Sproles. Right now it just seems like theyre treating him like Theo Riddick.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I havent fully watched their games but they could still be a bit more creative in giving him more carries. Stewart is coming off an 18 carry, 21 yard game which is pathetic and even bad run blocking is no excuse for that.

I dont think CMC will ever be a 20 carry guy but he isnt exactly built like Sproles. Right now it just seems like theyre treating him like Theo Riddick.

Oh, trust me, I agree. I hate when Stewart touches the ball between the 20s because it's always the unimaginative run right up the middle. I think there's more room for creativity and getting the ball to McCaffrey in space. I haven't even seen many simple toss plays to him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
CMac is a big reason Carolina is getting a lot of 1 on 1's to Benjamin and Funchess. He is a coverage altering player. He's not a traditional running back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad