NCAA GDT: Week 6: Party in Salt Lake City

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nah because they still win. Under John L. Smith or Bobby Williams, they'd have lost a few of these.

Honestly, I think we make a bit too much of their struggles because you know Dantonio will have them ready for the Michigan game. Some people may have hyped up OSU as their big game this year but if he could only win one of them, Dantonio would happily lose that one if he could beat Michigan instead.

Well they have been entirely too conservative on offense the last two weeks. Michigan's defense is too stout to try and beat with a vanilla scheme. You can say the same about Michigan's offense as well. Both of them will need their quarterbacks to make big plays in order to win. I give the edge to Sparty in that catergory.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
6-0....never would have guessed it...even if for some reason we lose to LSU, still exceeding any expectations I had for this year... #GoGators

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Only one of the greatest computer games ever. :handclap:

I remember playing it after school waiting for my parents to pick me up ... am I the only one who thought the guys who're running the social media account for WSU went down to LA to talk with the guys from the LAKings twitter account ? *golden snark*

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU controls its own destiny in the Pac-12 South right now. Large feat to beat Utah next weekend, but after the depressing start and the turnover/defense embarrassment against USC, the team bounced back against UCLA and defense was giving problems to Colorado last night. We'll see what this team is made of against Utah.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't know if Washington actually has a chance vs Oregon (I guess they do if their D plays like they did vs USC) or if Oregon's loss to WSU will wake them up and Washington takes an absolute clownpounding.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Looks like Sarkisian has been put 'on leave' from USC. Clay Helton is interim coach.

Doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together and figure the bars of the Greater Los Angeles area play a role here.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I don't know if Washington actually has a chance vs Oregon (I guess they do if their D plays like they did vs USC) or if Oregon's loss to WSU will wake them up and Washington takes an absolute clownpounding.

Washington definitely has a chance, Oregon isn't the same team they've been the last few years.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
College Gameday going to Ann Arbor.

I had that one penciled in before the season began.

It's crazy but MSU needs this win far more than Michigan right now. Some of the Spartan Slappies are freaking out as to why they continue to plummet in the polls. Even though it's fairly obvious.

Beating a highly rated(as of now) Michigan team will help their cause. I'm still weary of Michigan and feel, despite being on the right track, they're due for a letdown.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Sucks that ASU lost early in the season, i want them to win the pac 12, Dont like utah. even if it helps michigans chances

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Well they have been entirely too conservative on offense the last two weeks. Michigan's defense is too stout to try and beat with a vanilla scheme. You can say the same about Michigan's offense as well. Both of them will need their quarterbacks to make big plays in order to win. I give the edge to Sparty in that catergory.

there is precious little evidence that we're dealing with a vintage Dantonio defense here, this MSU team is actually sub mediocre on D and their offense is playing to the competition rather than lighting anyone on fire. A lot of that is injuries and I think the loss of Narduzzi has hurt more than anyone anticipated. TMYK is right to say they need this win more than Michigan does... at the end of the day, Michigan could go 9-3 and still have far exceeded expectations and maybe even wind up in the NY6 (the Fiesta Bowl is going to want someone BIG to play Toledo). MSU is in a more fragile place, their recruiting has been consistently lackluster and while they've been amazing at developing those kids thus far that is a carriage that can easily turn into a pumpkin. History suggests that they're a program with a ceiling, they've never been very good for more than 4 or 5 years at a time and only ever when one of the big B1G powers is down (Michigan in the 60s and 2010s, OSU in the 80s)... this game, coupled with Dantonio's age and health problems, could be a Waterloo for their program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad