NCAA GDT: Week 5

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Tennessee is playing their asses off. Georgia just lacks a punch on offense. Fromm isn't a gamechanger and the backs are too young.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I think I asked last year re: players and transferring, but why is it coaches can bounce around, no hold up, but players generally have to sit out a year?

I'm guessing the NCAA, with their "but the student-athletes!", but CFB is such a big business, and honestly, the top programs and players are likely taking a token attitude to school work, the players likely have to practice a ton too.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nevada returned a fumble for a touchdown. They reviewed it and marked them down on the 1 inch line correctly. Next play false start. Next play chop block. Next play pick six the other way.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think I asked last year re: players and transferring, but why is it coaches can bounce around, no hold up, but players generally have to sit out a year?

I'm guessing the NCAA, with their "but the student-athletes!", but CFB is such a big business, and honestly, the top programs and players are likely taking a token attitude to school work, the players likely have to practice a ton too.

Probably has to do with school stuff. And the popular narrative is that football players don't care about school but the graduation rate speaks otherwise.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Nevada returned a fumble for a touchdown. They reviewed it and marked them down on the 1 inch line correctly. Next play false start. Next play chop block. Next play pick six the other way.

Those kinds of swings just kill covers. My ECU -5 pick is on thin ice right now when they should be up at least 11 points.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Just when things seemed to be settling down, the seat of Jimmy Harbag's khakis is suddenly getting really toasty again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I dunno. Team just lacks explosive athletes.

Next month or so will be telling. If they don't go on a run here, he's gotta be thinking about the NFL, and Michigan has to be thinking about a lot of other things.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Next month or so will be telling. If they don't go on a run here, he's gotta be thinking about the NFL, and Michigan has to be thinking about a lot of other things.

Tbh I don't know if the suitors would come beating down his door. I think the shine is off of him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Always been like that. They likely don’t want schools picking off upper class men from other schools. So, they have a requirement for the player should they transfer to sit out a year.

As an 18 year old kid, you really do have to make a choice with your head as much as your heart. Take into account how long the coach has been there, is he likely to be moving up to a bigger program while you are there, and especially if you are a QB what is the depth and talent of the position like. What are the assistants like. And that’s just the football side, not taking into account the academics and your field of study.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The way OU has looked the last few weeks it feels like a gimme to bet Texas big next week for the upset. I’m guessing OU will be favored by 4-5. Of course my luck it’ll be the week their defense finally shows up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad