NCAA GDT: Week 5

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Except for 1 good drive that lead to a TD the SU offense has sputtered. Only reason their in this game is +2 turnovers. I hope they can put this one in the end zone.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Granted I only started watching mid way through the 2nd quarter but I don't know why they're trying to beat Clemson horizontally and with misdirection. Clemson is way too fast for that. Need to attack vertically more often.

You beat speed with misdirection. Syracuse has a scattershot QB and shaky receivers is why they don't press down field. Look at what happened the last time they went vertical. It was picked.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You beat speed with misdirection. Syracuse has a scattershot QB and shaky receivers is why they don't press down field. Look at what happened the last time they went vertical. It was picked.
I understand the idea in theory but it wasn't working much of that 3rd quarter. Going vertical is a lot more risky but Syracuse will have to take risks if they want to beat Clemson without relying on turnovers.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I understand the idea in theory but it wasn't working much of that 3rd quarter. Going vertical is a lot more risky but Syracuse will have to take risks if they want to beat Clemson without relying on turnovers.

They also are playing against the 3rd string QB and decided to try and sit on a lead. Brice had nothing going for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad