Oregon vs California
South Carolina vs Kentucky
BYU vs Washington
Virginia Tech vs Duke

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection from Happy Valley....where our esteemed poster @Rossi Rat honed his skillz!...You ARE!! :yo:

Factoid: Lee is 3-1 when donning the Nittany Lion head & 9-3 when going against Penn State.

Sign of the Day: A full sized poster meme of Flyers' loveable mascot Gritty that says "Still looks better than Brutus The Buckeye". :laugh: :nod: :yo:

Celebrity Picker: Noted PSU alum, funnyman/actor & James Franklin doppelganger Keegan-Michael Key, who obviously likes his alma mater.

Lee: Reminds us Brutus is his 1st love because he was his 1st pick ever...…...but thrills the home crowd after scaring them into thinking he may don Brutus by donning the Nittany Lion head!! :biglaugh: They ARE! :yo:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I've been googling something about punting and couldn't find a clear answer. I'm used to seeing punters hold the ball horizontally with the tips facing toward the line of scrimmage and toward the punter, then dropping the ball and kicking it. A good punter will make this punt spiral through the air.

I'm seeing punters hold the ball vertically with the tips of the football pointing toward the ground and up toward the sky. How does this affect the punting behaviour? Is this type of punt only in specific situations like a desired end-over-end? Any links or videos demonstrating the advantage of this?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I've been googling something about punting and couldn't find a clear answer. I'm used to seeing punters hold the ball horizontally with the tips facing toward the line of scrimmage and toward the punter, then dropping the ball and kicking it. A good punter will make this punt spiral through the air.

I'm seeing punters hold the ball vertically with the tips of the football pointing toward the ground and up toward the sky. How does this affect the punting behaviour? Is this type of punt only in specific situations like a desired end-over-end? Any links or videos demonstrating the advantage of this?

They do that because not many college punters have monster legs that can get height and distance. They hold it like that so that the punt will roll when it hits the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad