NFL GDT: Week 4 - Part 2

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think something that is being overlooked in Mahomesmania is Andy Reid and how he let Texas Tech Mahomes run the offense in the 4th quarter. For us that saw him in college that 4th quarter was how he played at TT out of necessity because they were so outmatched in the trenches. It's a credit to Reid that he embraces that side of his game instead of trying to suppress it.

Obviously there's lots of season/career to go, but I have to give a ton of credit to Andy Reid and even Alex Smith for some of what Mahomes has done. Coming out he was billed as flashy and reckless. He's definitely still flashy, but you haven't seen many dumb throws (like you've seen above from Josh Allen) or even poor plays in general.

Huge test this week vs Jacksonville, we'll see if he tries to force things a bit more.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Obviously there's lots of season/career to go, but I have to give a ton of credit to Andy Reid and even Alex Smith for some of what Mahomes has done. Coming out he was billed as flashy and reckless. He's definitely still flashy, but you haven't seen many dumb throws (like you've seen above from Josh Allen) or even poor plays in general.

Huge test this week vs Jacksonville, we'll see if he tries to force things a bit more.
Benefit of sitting and learning from a solid veteran. Smith is the opposite in his NFL career since he got stable coaching that Mahomes was considered when he came out.

Allen only has peterman in his rookie year. Bad OLine with 3 changes from last year. 2 retirements and a trade of their LT. Receivers are not getting open.

Have to change the play calling for him. Get the ball out quick rather than these longer developing plays.

Reactions: Voight

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Benefit of sitting and learning from a solid veteran. Smith is the opposite in his NFL career since he got stable coaching that Mahomes was considered when he came out.

Allen only has peterman in his rookie year. Bad OLine with 3 changes from last year. 2 retirements and a trade of their LT. Receivers are not getting open.

Have to change the play calling for him. Get the ball out quick rather than these longer developing plays.

They did change the playcalling for him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really hope the new narrative for young QB's isn't "look how good Mahomes was because he sat for a year".

He has ridiculous weapons on offense and an amazing head coach. I think he could do most of the things he is currently doing if this was his first year. Like, 80-90% of the way there.

Meanwhile if Josh Allen was drafted last year and sat for a year, he would still be bad this year. It's a bad situation.

Also, Mahomes is just plain much better than Allen.

Reactions: Josepho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad