NFL GDT: Week 4 - Part 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Kam is one of the great ones but I was hoping to see the two minute drill from russell

He's been horrendous along with Bevell managing the clock in those situations, he needs the practice

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lions would have been better off letting him score there.

Would lose either way but now they don't get the ball back. Let him score and you try to score twice in a minute. It's not happening but whatever.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Of all the people to **** up, it's the second greatest player in Lions history and arguably one of the greatest WR's in the history of the game.

The curse is real.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Calvin Johnson is one of the great ones but he's not megatron anymore, Cary Williams covered him with no help for much of the night

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Of all the people to **** up, it's the second greatest player in Lions history and arguably one of the greatest WR's in the history of the game.

The curse is real.

And to make it even more of a nut punch, the momentum of Chancellor and the other tackler probably push him into the endzone.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Quick fantasy question regarding that CJ fumble. How is it normally scored? Right now, I am losing my matchup to a guy who has Seattle D. Seattle didn't get points for the recovery and CJ didn't get dinged for the fumble. :help:

I basically need it to be zero pts for the D and a fumble for CJ to win lol

EDIT Nvm I win!!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They just said the refs screwed up on Johnson's fumble. KJ Wright batted the ball out of the end zone, and that's a 5 yd penalty. Should have been Lions ball on the 5 yard line.

Seattle getting the breaks again.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Quick fantasy question regarding that CJ fumble. How is it normally scored? Right now, I am losing my matchup to a guy who has Seattle D. Seattle didn't get points for the recovery and CJ didn't get dinged for the fumble. :help:

not sure for standard, but my idp league gives points for forcing a fumble, but not recovering one.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Most scoring is fumbled lost (to opposition)... CJ won't get hit with a lost fumble.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's not enough for the Lions to lose like that. MNF then has to go and bring in an official to explain that it was an even worse loss. :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They just said the refs screwed up on Johnson's fumble. KJ Wright batted the ball out of the end zone, and that's a 5 yd penalty. Should have been Lions ball on the 5 yard line.

Seattle getting the breaks again.

Actually should have been their ball on the half yard line.

Don't worry the Lions would have screwed it up anyway, they are the Lions!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Looking for verification on that rule call. Apparently illegally batting the ball results in possession returned to the last team that had it (Detroit) and should have been half the distance and a 1st down.

As Young said, though, you often see punters batting balls out the end zone to prevent safeties. Can't ever recall that call being made in my years of watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad