NFL GDT: Week 3

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Giants offensive line is still a work in progress.

Jonesception :facepalm:
Not a Giants player in sight.
Yeah, Giants are going to get another QB after this season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to Joe and Troy now that I have to, just highlights how much better they are compared to what ESPN had, and it's not like everyone they used was bad.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Listening to Joe and Troy now that I have to, just highlights how much better they are compared to what ESPN had, and it's not like everyone they used was bad.
Honestly, the PBP for ESPN fell off when Tireco left for NBC. He and Gruden were a good pair. Sucks that they ended up with a lot of poor games compared to the SNF offerings.

McDonaugh was a fine PBP guy but he and Gruden never meshed. No chemistry.

Tessitore didn’t feel it. Sounds more college than pro football for whatever reason. Levy I just associate him more with the nhl.

Color guys since Gruden were what Bugger, Witten, Griese, Riddick? Nothing great from that group. Witten was bad but everyone else is just fine. Nothing special.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly, the PBP for ESPN fell off when Tireco left for NBC. He and Gruden were a good pair. Sucks that they ended up with a lot of poor games compared to the SNF offerings.

McDonaugh was a fine PBP guy but he and Gruden never meshed. No chemistry.

Tessitore didn’t feel it. Sounds more college than pro football for whatever reason. Levy I just associate him more with the nhl.

Color guys since Gruden were what Bugger, Witten, Griese, Riddick? Nothing great from that group. Witten was bad but everyone else is just fine. Nothing special.
The thing to do was to pull up Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit, even if their main expertise is college and ESPN holds a lot of weight there. But they also could've kept McDonaugh in the spot post-Gruden.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The thing to do was to pull up Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit, even if their main expertise is college and ESPN holds a lot of weight there. But they also could've kept McDonaugh in the spot post-Gruden.
McDonaugh said he preferred doing college games after Gruden stepped down from ESPN. That's why he didn't continue with MNF.

I do enjoy listening to Fowler. Good voice for PBP. Herbstreit, will see how he handles the pros on Apple this season. But, he's really good for college football. Between him and Klatt, I'd probably take Herby's color commentating over Klatt's. So, take the ESPN's top duo for CFB over Fox's top duo of Johnson/Klatt.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McDonaugh said he preferred doing college games after Gruden stepped down from ESPN. That's why he didn't continue with MNF.

I do enjoy listening to Fowler. Good voice for PBP. Herbstreit, will see how he handles the pros on Apple this season. But, he's really good for college football. Between him and Klatt, I'd probably take Herby's color commentating over Klatt's. So, take the ESPN's top duo for CFB over Fox's top duo of Johnson/Klatt.
That's weird because it's the higher profile slot. He was clear that he wanted to do the NHL as well. Maybe he just wants to be home Sundays and Mondays in the fall.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's weird because it's the higher profile slot. He was clear that he wanted to do the NHL as well. Maybe he just wants to be home Sundays and Mondays in the fall.
Bald head makes McDonaugh look older, but he left MNF in 2018 the year he turned 56. So, not an age thing. I'm assuming these booth guys have to setup meetings with coaches and players, so maybe it's a better schedule to do that on Wed to Fri and call the game on Saturday and be home for Sunday. Vs. MNF where the grunt pre-game work is done from Thur-Sun and you call the game on Monday. At least with college, you get Sunday with the family and a chance to catch up with others who work a regular 9-5 job and thus their free time is on the weekends.

ESPN got better with Aikman and Buck.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Jimmy G has played poorly. If his idiot HC Kyle had let him practice with the team, it would have helped.

Jerry Jeudy tweeted that Shannon Sharpe's breath smells like his ass. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad