NCAA GDT: Week 3

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Remember when Syracuse was supposed to be Clemson's biggest regular season test? It turns out their biggest test might be a sub .500 SEC team on the road.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Not nearly as good as you claim to be?
Still going to pimp the win. Pitt = little brother. They were so close and F’d it up. And now their loser fans get to take that loss with them to the grave (seeing as they’ll never play us again).

That said, it does suck in a way the game was as close as it was and they weren’t able to blow them out. Thing with Penn State is, on an annual basis, they’re basically guaranteed 9 wins due to their recruiting. They just need to find a way to beat Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State. And teams like Wisconsin, Iowa if they’re on the schedule aren’t easy outs either.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was confused and thought you were joking but after looking it up, you appear to be right. This might be the weirdest scheduling quirk I've ever seen... how many times have teams in the same conference played each other in a non-conference game?
Going back here, but Colorado and Cal did it after Colorado joined the Pac 12, but they did it because the game was already scheduled before Colorado made the move.

They play each other next year too, sounds like they just want to play each other.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

“Jimmy is, to us, one of the heartbeats of this team,” said fellow running back DeeJay Dallas, who scored the game’s first three touchdowns. “That’s my boy and I love him. I told him he was going to get one and he did.”

Said quarterback Jarren Williams, who threw three touchdowns of his own: “He’s an inspiration to all of us. He’s a guy that’s very selfless. He’s all about the team, and he comes out there and he gives his all every day, no matter what the circumstances are. He can have a broken hand, he’s still going to go 120 percent. That guy, he’s just a big part of this team. He gets us all going. So we love Jimmy. We got a lot of love for Jimmy Murphy.”

The Hurricanes gladly accepted an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty from the excessive celebration – and potential punishment that comes with it – to take in the moment with Murphy.

“A guy like Jimmy, he deserves it,” said senior defensive tackle Pat Bethel. “I’ll run a gasser for him.”

Better yet, Diaz said that might not be the last we see from Murphy.

“That will not be the last touchdown that he scores this year,” he said.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Still going to pimp the win. Pitt = little brother. They were so close and F’d it up. And now their loser fans get to take that loss with them to the grave (seeing as they’ll never play us again).

That said, it does suck in a way the game was as close as it was and they weren’t able to blow them out. Thing with Penn State is, on an annual basis, they’re basically guaranteed 9 wins due to their recruiting. They just need to find a way to beat Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State. And teams like Wisconsin, Iowa if they’re on the schedule aren’t easy outs either.

You do realize they won't play PS again because PS is the one backing out of the rivalry right? And you do realize you were a couple boneheaded Pitt mistakes from splitting this four year series 2-2 right? You need to stop with the superiority complex and remember PS hasn't won a legit national title since 1986. People think of PS football these days and they think of one thing, and it's not good football.

Penn State is guaranteed nine wins due to chicken spit scheduling. And don't give me how WVU, etc are on future schedules. I'm obviously older than you and I remember when PS would play Notre Dame, West Virginia, Texas, SC, and other big name schools every year. Then they started backing out of those commitments or series one by one, according to Paterno because of that "tough" Big-10 schedule, which most years is OSU, Michigan and maybe the occasional Wisconsin or MSU. The rest is typically mediocre or bad.

So go ahead and pimp the big win lol. A terrible Pitt team that will probably lose to CF next week by 30. You did the same thing last year when your "championship caliber" Lions barely escaped Appalachian State at home, in overtime. Then they stumbled on through a disappointing four-loss season despite having McSorley. Now you don't even have him. Good luck beating the big boys on the schedule, lord knows you have enough cupcakes on there to guarantee another mid-level bowl game I guess.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really blame Penn State for pulling out of a rivalry with Pittsburgh. It's not a major rivalry or anything. Maybe it would've been, but neither program has been high enough to make that a featured rivalry that other fans get excited to see. They're not in prime time. Pitt won 11 games since 1981, and they were in the Big East for a lot of that. Penn State aspires higher, regardless of how you see their program, and are. If Pitt wanted to be a major rival of Penn State, they either needed to hold up their end and raise the profile of their program, or figure out how to get in the Big Ten.

Penn State joined a conference, and like everyone else when they sold out from being an independent, only leaves/left so much room for huge annual rivalries. They did get home-and-homes with Alabama, Notre Dame near the end of Paterno. West Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Auburn are good opponents.

member 51464

Penn State should have had their football team canceled for five seasons to maybe give the koolaid drinkers a chance to not value their overrated team ahead of the well-being of children. f*** Penn State.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Penn State should have had their football team canceled for five seasons to maybe give the koolaid drinkers a chance to not value their overrated team ahead of the well-being of children. **** Penn State.
You are aware literally none of the current administration, coaches or players were involved in that, right? Also, Michigan St, Ohio St and Maryland all had disgusting scandals as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad