NCAA GDT: Week 3

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I only follow College Football on the periphery and just to hear about top NFL prospects. What has the chatter been about Trevor Lawrence's poor statistical start to the season?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Week 1: One top 25 matchup (Oregon vs. Auburn at Jerry World)
Week 2: Two top 25 matchups (Texas A&M at Clemson and LSU at Texas)
Week 3: No top 25 matchups

I mean, I understand that most of these games are set up years in advance, but still...

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Bentley is terrible. He's like an extremely poor man's version of Christian Hackenberg. He has regressed every year since becoming the starter.
I only follow College Football on the periphery and just to hear about top NFL prospects. What has the chatter been about Trevor Lawrence's poor statistical start to the season?
He has still played very well, even with his subpar passing stats. I'm sure scouts and media pundits will pick over every single flaw of his between now and him entering the draft though.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He has still played very well, even with his subpar passing stats. I'm sure scouts and media pundits will pick over every single flaw of his between now and him entering the draft though.
Fair enough. I haven't seen anything other than his stats. Just surprised me when I looked them up.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Some friendly advice to anyone looking to take a flier on one of the heavy favorites Saturday: pound PSU -17.5.

Even Pitt people agree PSU is going to destroy them. Coach Franklin made an example of those clowns last year (51-6 on the road) and will absolutely pour it on again this year. Their offense is horrible and PSU’s front 7 is a force. Will be lucky to get in the end zone once.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Some friendly advice to anyone looking to take a flier on one of the heavy favorites Saturday: pound PSU -17.5.

Even Pitt people agree PSU is going to destroy them. Coach Franklin made an example of those clowns last year (51-6 on the road) and will absolutely pour it on again this year. Their offense is horrible and PSU’s front 7 is a force. Will be lucky to get in the end zone once.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that they were only 17.5 point favorites.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Hmm...could be some solid fade material here.

I'm not gonna go as far as actually betting on Pitt, but they've played a couple decent teams already and fared reasonably well. Meanwhile their opponent was playing Idaho and got outgained by Buffalo, oddly enough. Might be closer than you think.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Hmm...could be some solid fade material here.

I'm not gonna go as far as actually betting on Pitt, but they've played a couple decent teams already and fared reasonably well. Meanwhile their opponent was playing Idaho and got outgained by Buffalo, oddly enough. Might be closer than you think.
It’s possible. If there’s one thing that school has been known for over the years, it’s playing spoiler on a national level.

But it’s highly unlikely given the matchup. Their OL is weak and QB will be running for his life all afternoon. 3 and outs, punts, bad field position - that’ll lead to trouble and while it could be close early, it could get out of hand real quick. Buffalo’s OL was experienced and honestly i think they were taken a little lightly in the first half, then woke up. Meanwhile, PSU has guys like Micah Parsons and Yetur Gross-Matos in their front 7 who will surely be drafted in the NFL. LBU/DLU.

I’d say it will be something like 42-7.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to go ahead and put the Cougs of Washington State on upset alert tonight in Houston

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I'm going to go ahead and put the Cougs of Washington State on upset alert tonight in Houston

Yeah, this spot screams upset. A big favourite blowing a weekday night game seems like a weekly occurrence in recent years.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I forgot that UNC vs. Wake is a non-conference game.
I was confused and thought you were joking but after looking it up, you appear to be right. This might be the weirdest scheduling quirk I've ever seen... how many times have teams in the same conference played each other in a non-conference game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->