Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Supposedly Brown and his accuser's lawyers were having confidential settlement discussions and they agreed not to discuss anything publicly. Not that he legally couldn't have done so anyway.

Clearly Brown and his reps have balked at whatever numbers she's requested, or vice versa, or else this would have already been settled out of court, like most civil lawsuits are. Whether he's guilty or innocent, Brown is incentivized to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible. The filing of the lawsuit and agreeing to meet with the NFL are likely negotiating tactics from her side. I wouldn't be surprised if they come to a settlement within the next week with an NDA and agreement that she does not talk to NFL investigators. At least that's what I would do, unless Brown has clear and obvious evidence that she's trying to extort him. He's hurt a lot more than she is the longer this goes on.

It was a cash grab by him. Could have let it shake out or told them that he was going through something he can't talk about, it will be clear soon, then we can talk about contract if you're still interested but of course Antonio Brown isn't that type of guy...or employee.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You ok with the fact he never told the Pats anything about this before they forked over 9 mil guaranteed then made them look like a bunch of asses?

There’s language in the contract where they can void the guarantee from what I saw yesterday

Something to do with impacting the public image of the club

Edit: Breer tweeted it on 9/11

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Am I the only one who actually grew to like Brown after watching "Hard Knocks"?

I wish him success with the Patriots.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It happened during the off season and he was not suspended until after the district attorney announced they wouldn't move forward.

I'm not sure what you are intending to say here. Both Big Ben's case and this one resulted in zero criminal charges and cursory at best criminal investigations. Neither occurred during the season.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I'm not sure what you are intending to say here. Both Big Ben's case and this one resulted in zero criminal charges and cursory at best criminal investigations. Neither occurred during the season.
You are saying they are handling it differently. I am pointing out the difference of the time of year they happend that makes it different.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Reporters wonder why nobody takes them serious yet here they are asking BB questions about AB and a legal case while he won’t even answer questions about feet.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I for one love the cat and mouse game between bill and the reporters

They’ll catch him slippin one day

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
From the organization that looked the other way and tried to sweep their own sexual harassment under the rug. :biglaugh:

Shirley didn't get the go ahead to write a piece on how drinking wine is elitist?

Seriously, she needs to find a new hobby and the Globe needs to get off its sanctimonious high horse and take a good long look in the mirror.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reporters wonder why nobody takes them serious yet here they are asking BB questions about AB and a legal case while he won’t even answer questions about feet.

They seem to have convinced themselves that the Pats knew all about the details on ABs relationship and their best source for information on this case is Belichick.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Shirley didn't get the go ahead to write a piece on how drinking wine is elitist?

Seriously, she needs to find a new hobby and the Globe needs to get off its sanctimonious high horse and take a good long look in the mirror.
Yes in the past couple of months Shirl has told us that beer and food are racist.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Shirley is the personification of why people no longer respect journalists and common people by and large buy into rhetoric about "fake news"

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad