NFL GDT: Week 3 - Part 2

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
This has been a very fun start to the season. Really not sure what to make of most teams at this point.

I would say the only ones that seem to have it all together are the Rams and the Chiefs.

I'm sure more of the usual suspects will emerge throughout the season. While I would love for the Pats to be out of it and see something crazy like the Dolphins winning the division I know they will probably be there:mad:
KC is scoring on people like water.So loaded with speed.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
That's a massive call. We've seen them written off before and before you know it they are hosting a Championship Game.

Bob Ryan said the same on Around The Horn the day after the Jacksonville game last week.

I'm not writing them off like that either. But it will end at some point. All things do.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
brady's got no one to throw to aside from gronk who's constantly double teamed

usually in past years he's made up for that but not so far this year

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Chiefs will drop some. Andy Reid always gags a couple games he shouldn’t, but then he gets one or two he shouldn’t.

The Chiefs defense is lucky the offense is clicking so well right now. It sputtered in the 2nd half as the 49ers were able to get pressure on Mahomes.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The Chiefs defense is lucky the offense is clicking so well right now. It sputtered in the 2nd half as the 49ers were able to get pressure on Mahomes.

Kansas City's defense hasn't been good for the past two seasons. Unless Mahomes can keep up this pace, they're not going to be able to mask it forever.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kansas City's defense hasn't been good for the past two seasons. Unless Mahomes can keep up this pace, they're not going to be able to mask it forever.

Especially if the offense bogs down like it did today. It did last season as well. They had that mid-season swoon when the offense just couldn't get going.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
When did he become better than one of Bell, Johnson, Gurley, Kamara or Elliot?

Who’s laughing now? Me, at your ignorance.
What's Bell doing this year?
What did Johnson or Elliot do last year that was better then JH? Kamara didnt even break 1000 yards last year and he's suddenly better then a proven bulldozer running back? :D :D

Fantasy numbers win you 200 dollar prize pools. Howard was getting 1000 yard seasons on a horrible team with defenses focusing on him.

Lol. Your not convincing me that anybody other then Bell and Gurley are better then Jordan Howard.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Between 1940 and 2017, home teams scoring 37 points with 0 turnovers were 386-0.

In 2018, we've already had 2 teams lose

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
What's Bell doing this year?
What did Johnson or Elliot do last year that was better then JH? Kamara didnt even break 1000 yards last year and he's suddenly better then a proven bulldozer running back? :D :D

Fantasy numbers win you 200 dollar prize pools. Howard was getting 1000 yard seasons on a horrible team with defenses focusing on him.

Lol. Your not convincing me that anybody other then Bell and Gurley are better then Jordan Howard.

Thats fine, your name tells me the homer glasses won't come off so I won't bother attempting to convince you of the reality.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Thats fine, your name tells me the homer glasses won't come off so I won't bother attempting to convince you of the reality.
What does my name have to do with it?

Wait, my screen name? What does a baseball player have to do with football?

As a Bears fan, I am more skeptical, as are most Bears fans, of anything outside of the defense....and Jordan Howard. You are basing your opinion on fantasy numbers. And to that i say "lol".

Howard's a 1000 yard rusher on a bad team up until this year. True

Howard isn't a multi purpose back that fantasy stat mongers drool over. True

Howard's value is and always will be moving the pile forward. I don't see any Bears fan saying Howard is a problem. That, in itself matters most. Couple that with every QB he has had in front of him being inept at making good decisons (including Mitch) of just handing him the ball and getting out of the way, I'd say there's more untapped potential in JH that what he is, which is already pretty good.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad