NFL GDT: Week 3 - Part 2

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
What does my name have to do with it?

Wait, my screen name? What does a baseball player have to do with football?

As a Bears fan, I am more skeptical, as are most Bears fans, of anything outside of the defense....and Jordan Howard. You are basing your opinion on fantasy numbers. And to that i say "lol".

Howard's a 1000 yard rusher on a bad team up until this year. True

Howard isn't a multi purpose back that fantasy stat mongers drool over. True

Howard's value is and always will be moving the pile forward. I don't see any Bears fan saying Howard is a problem. That, in itself matters most. Couple that with every QB he has had in front of him being inept at making good decisons (including Mitch) of just handing him the ball and getting out of the way, I'd say there's more untapped potential in JH that what he is, which is already pretty good.

Wrong.

The fact that he isn't a multi-purpose back and doesn't have true game-changer ability is why he's not a top 5 back.

Just 'moving the pile' doesn't put you in the top 5. By the end of this season he'll be passed by Barkley, if not a few others. You can argue he's top 10 but he doesn't sniff top 5 in any way, shape or form.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
As a Lions fan, the biggest worry for me, is consistency. They'll have their moments of doing good, and they other times, completely boneheaded.

They looked like an actual team last night, with an actual running game and defense, played the whole 60...I don't know how to react. TBH, I think they'll be the same old Lions as long as the Fords own them, but the tease is just so captivating.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Wrong.

The fact that he isn't a multi-purpose back and doesn't have true game-changer ability is why he's not a top 5 back.

Just 'moving the pile' doesn't put you in the top 5. By the end of this season he'll be passed by Barkley, if not a few others. You can argue he's top 10 but he doesn't sniff top 5 in any way, shape or form.
When did "game changers" not rush for 1000 yards a year every year they have been in the NFL?

How is a 1000 yard rusher not a "game changer"? LoL

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
When did "game changers" not rush for 1000 yards a year every year they have been in the NFL?

How is a 1000 yard rusher not a "game changer"? LoL

Plenty of 1000 yard rushers aren't gamechangers. 2016 Frank Gore and 2017 CJ Anderson are two recent examples.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Any Given Sunday yesterday indeed. The Vikings lost to the hapless Bills, the Lions beat the Patriots. Good for the game as this shows parity but wow.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm still mad about Latavius Murray. My best DK lineup this week:

QB: Cam Newton (29.6)
RB: Alvin Kamara (37)
RB: Latavius Murray (8.1)
WR: Devin Funchess (16.7)
WR: Calvin Ridley (43.5)
WR: Robert Woods (36.7)
TE: Travis Kelce (22.4)
FLEX: Kareem Hunt (16.4)
DEF: Cowboys (2)

Total: 212.4 points.

If I would have played Adrian Peterson instead, I would have ended up in the top 75 of 237,812 and gotten 5x the prize I ended up with. And that's just one of like 40 lineups.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Plenty of 1000 yard rushers aren't gamechangers. 2016 Frank Gore and 2017 CJ Anderson are two recent examples.
"Game changers" don't get the ball enough to get 1000 yards a season.

Is this real life? You mean to tell me if a defense is focusing on a running back, then the offense changes to passing, that's not changing the game?

I've never seen this type of logic anywhere but here.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->