Post-Game Talk: Week 2 - PATRIOTS at Seattle - Pats ran out of time - Seahawks hold on 35-30

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great throws tonight by Cam. I thought he looked great, especially on the late TD drive and the last one.

D needs to clean up, but Wilson is as good as it gets. Great dick measuring game, Pats showing that they're right there.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have no problem with designing a run there. But just think you gotta give em a pass option if it's not there.

Reactions: sarge88

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Cam had already scored two easy touchdowns on basically the same play where the line won the battle. They didn't on that play. Simple as that.

We've got a 6'5" 250lb battering ram at QB. You trust him to make the play.

Reactions: CDJ and GabeTravels

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You know, rewatching it, Johnson actually gets his guy on the ground, and Cam runs into that space. If he just kept going towards the pylon....he's in.

That all said, Johnson also is just not a good FB, too small.

They'd have been better off brining in an extra OL and using Izzo as the FB to seal the edge.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Cam just had one of his best passing games of his career with only a 34 year old Edelman as a proven option. Imagine if Bill finds another good weapon or two for him. Defense won't give up 3 of the touchdowns they did tonight every game

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I know its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early but I'm bored and still hyped from the game but........

Say Cam stays healthy all year and keeps up play like tonight. What does this team do? Do they re-sign him short term and still develop Stidham? What if they have a chance at a top QB in the draft?

I still think its one more year and another team with an old QB signs him. Maybe Steelers since Big Ben is a million

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
One last thought. Let's consider for a second that the defense had a bad game and the offense couldn't run the ball (i.e. the two things everyone thought they needed to do coming into the year in order to win games). If I told you that before the game, what would you have guessed the score would be? We would have all thought they'd get blown out in a scenario like that.

They were one play away from winning the type of game that this team isn't supposed to win.

There are concerns. The defense and running game need to be better, but I'm about as hopeful after a loss as I ever am.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I would also re-sign Newton if he continued to play like this and stayed healthy. I just think if that happens another team may just come along and throw $$$ his way.
They can franchise him and work on a contract afterwards at a lower cap number, but longer term instead of him signing the tender, if they really wanted to.

Cam will be here next year if Bill wants him to be

Reactions: Troublesome 85

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early but I'm bored and still hyped from the game but........

Say Cam stays healthy all year and keeps up play like tonight. What does this team do? Do they re-sign him short term and still develop Stidham? What if they have a chance at a top QB in the draft?

I still think its one more year and another team with an old QB signs him. Maybe Steelers since Big Ben is a million

If he keeps playing like this you give him 3/90 lol

Honestly tho I bet they franchise him, use him heavily, then move on. I’d like to see him here long term Though, especially if his body holds up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad