Post-Game Talk: Week 2 - PATRIOTS at Seattle - Pats ran out of time - Seahawks hold on 35-30

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Bruce Arians really loves to hear himself talk huh? He’s not wrong- they dropped some key balls- but last week he was down Brady’s throat. Now this lol.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Harry is doing a really good job making plays in traffic. One of these days he is going to break a tackle!

they honestly just need to get him in space vertically and not horizontally. He’s huge, it’s gotta be tough for him to play East-west. Maybe more ends arounds to him so he can at least get a head of steam going and make DB’s question whether or not they want to tackle him or not

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Harry is doing a really good job making plays in traffic. One of these days he is going to break a tackle!

they honestly just need to get him in space vertically and not horizontally. He’s huge, it’s gotta be tough for him to play East-west. Maybe more ends arounds to him so he can at least get a head of steam going and make DB’s question whether or not they want to tackle him or not

They haven't run a single reverse with him. That was his best play last year, so you have to think it's coming.

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Lol loser
97E3AB9B-932D-4005-80BF-A3E4103E3777.jpeg

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t view that as a slight at all, if anything that’s a compliment. He’s only known losing, must be exciting to not be a Jet

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Cam is playing up to the billing and is a great addition. Laser arm, good (not perfect, but good) accuracy, good decision making, good moves and willingness to hit the hole and put himself at risk to make yards. Can't ask for more on a late signing, show me deal. I didn't think I would like his personality but he really seems like a team first guy and that energy is great. Overall the team is a project, like most early season Pats teams. 3 plays away from a 2-0 start is no reason for despair. I doubt he will be able to play like he is (run game) into his mid 30's, but for now he's a gamer and a clear leader on the team.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Cam is playing up to the billing and is a great addition. Laser arm, good (not perfect, but good) accuracy, good decision making, good moves and willingness to hit the hole and put himself at risk to make yards.

As long as it's not the Super Bowl.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As long as it's not the Super Bowl.

If you're suggesting he won't bring it in the SB because of the past situation of not jumping on the ball, I think we can let it play out and see this time. He's grown up and maybe that is still there, maybe not. So far in NE he's been good. All you can ask for.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I feel very stupid thinking Stidham could be better than Newton

I always thought the spin rate, big arm talk, and all the other nonsense we kept hearing about Stidham before they signed Newton was hyperbolic and over the top. Like they were overcompensating for not wanting Brady back or something. Just move on and be done with it. No need to sell Stidham as the next franchise QB here. Just let him grow and develop into whatever he's going to be, if anything. They obviously thought it was crap too, which is why they signed Newton.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I won’t judge Stidham too hard until he goes full Ryan Mallett on us.

I’m riding high on Newton right now though. The Pats probably don’t come even close with Hoyer or Stidham behind center Sunday night. It does seem like they may be a little hesitant on Cam throwing in the red zone. I was hoping that last play was a quick play action or even Tebowish jump pass.

Seattle is gonna be tough to beat all year.

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Looks like the NFL thread is locked, don't see a new one....

Just wanted to say, RIP Gale Sayers. What a player.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Jules has his first 179 yard game of his career and it wasn't with TB12 at QB but Cam Newton, whoda thunk it. Personally, I like where this team is going but they have to get that defense back on track.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->