NFL GDT: Week 2 Part 2 - SNF & MNF

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
You have a creative playmaker at QB who thrives going fast and in spread formations? Hire Brian Schottenheimer! Pete Carroll is so out of the box he hired the epitome of inside the box. Galaxy brain.

It's time for the leadership to consider themselves on a short leash. I am not amused.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It's time for the leadership to consider themselves on a short leash. I am not amused.

No Seahawk fan should be happy with this. As much as RW annoys me, I enjoy watching him play. He's taking hit after hit. Some of it is on him for holding the ball but most of it is due to having stiffs blocking for him. Way too many times he can never hit his back foot and throw due to pressure. Sometimes he doesn't even finish his drop because he has to scramble. I don't want him to go out like Steve Young. One hit is all it takes.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
One mistake that Seattle made IMO that kinda gets overlooked by the sacks and costly turnovers was burning their second timeout right in the middle of their 4th quarter TD drive

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
No Seahawk fan should be happy with this. As much as RW annoys me, I enjoy watching him play. He's taking hit after hit. Some of it is on him for holding the ball but most of it is due to having stiffs blocking for him. Way too many times he can never hit his back foot and throw due to pressure. Sometimes he doesn't even finish his drop because he has to scramble. I don't want him to go out like Steve Young. One hit is all it takes.

Carroll said the plan was to hire an OC that would hold RW accountable. I guess by that he meant an OC that would force him to play away from his strengths.
He's looking less focused/ aware of his surroundings, and locals are talking about "David Carr syndrome" now.

Granted, this is two road games to start a season against very stout D's, each with a terrific pass rush. I hope it gets a little bit easier.
Also upsetting is how the 7th round back is better than the first round back, but it's early on that one.
I am still proud of the Sea D tonight, for doing as well as they did despite all the backups and third stringers.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I didn't watch much of Trubisky last season and gave him a bit of a pass because John Fox is a relic, but these first two games I've watched most of them and he doesn't look great. Seems to only succeed when Nagy schemes someone open. He is athletic and can run, and still very inexperienced so there is some potential but I don't particularly like what I see.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Carroll said the plan was to hire an OC that would hold RW accountable. I guess by that he meant an OC that would force him to play away from his strengths.
He's looking less focused/ aware of his surroundings, and locals are talking about "David Carr syndrome" now.

Granted, this is two road games to start a season against very stout D's, each with a terrific pass rush. I hope it gets a little bit easier.
Also upsetting is how the 7th round back is better than the first round back, but it's early on that one.
I am still proud of the Sea D tonight, for doing as well as they did despite all the backups and third stringers.

Missed the game, but from the stat line, the OLine didn't hold up in pass protection and they gained 74 yards rushing. In typical Hawk fashion they started slow on O again. Been like that for a while now. They hardly score any points in the first Q.

D, limited the Bears to 200 yards passing and 87 rushing, plus 2 picks. That should be a recipe for a Win.

Offence though, pick 6, plus a lost fumble, so they gave back those TO the D created. Difference in the game was the pick 6. Both offences generated 17 points.

If you are the Bears, you still have to look at the O and say, they only produced 16 and 17 points each game. 2 Defensive scores.

I don't get the OC for Seattle. Pass protection is weak, so why not do what GB did against the Bears and do the quick passing game. Same with Oakland vs. Denver this weekend where Carr got the ball out quick?

Downfall of the Hawks and IMO what ticked off the Defensive guys was the Unger and 1st deal for Graham. They tried to change the style of the offence bringing in a skilled receiving threat but sacrificing their running attack. Plus, their OC didn't know how to integrate Graham into the lineup. That, coupled with the inability to draft offensive players. Last year, the best players on their rookie deals were Clark, Reed, and Griffin all D guys. The best offensive guys were Britt and Lockett. Picks from the first 3 rounds for the prior 4 years who were on rookie deals last year were: Richardson, Britt, Clark, Lockett, Ifedi, Reed, Procise, Vannett, Obionbo, McDowell (injured and never played), Pocic, and Griffin. When you're spending 2/3 of the cap on D, you're spending the opposite on draft picks. So, their picks went to the O. But, they haven't been able to either find/develop their O picks. The D picks are doing well. Always a tradeoff between spending Cap and using draft picks.

Reactions: sigma six

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Don't you dare talk ill on Justin Britt

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought the Seahawks would get 8 or 9 wins just because of how good Wilson is. I might be wrong.

As for the announce team - I really don't care. Do people actually care about this kind of thing that much, or do they just like to complain about everything? Unless someone is noticeably terrible (looking at you Greg Jennings) I barely notice whose talking.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I thought the Seahawks would get 8 or 9 wins just because of how good Wilson is. I might be wrong.

As for the announce team - I really don't care. Do people actually care about this kind of thing that much, or do they just like to complain about everything? Unless someone is noticeably terrible (looking at you Greg Jennings) I barely notice whose talking.

Witten is.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I too thought Russ would be able to drag that sadsack team to 8 wins. Now i'm not sure.

The only thing getting dragged might be his body off the field at the rate he's taking hits.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Everyone blasted Vontae, but I respect what he did more than him worrying about what others think, going through the motions in the second half, and hurting the team.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Everyone blasted Vontae, but I respect what he did more than him worrying about what others think, going through the motions in the second half, and hurting the team.
He could have told the team what he planned to do and stayed on the sideline to support his team and then retire AFTER the game.

Reactions: Pestilence

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I too thought Russ would be able to drag that sadsack team to 8 wins. Now i'm not sure.

The only thing getting dragged might be his body off the field at the rate he's taking hits.
Guy still isn’t getting any time to set and make his reads.

And they aren’t scheming to a quick passing attack to compensate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->