Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There are times that I watch the Patriots and wonder, are they smarter than everyone else, or do they just base everything on ruthlessly rigid logic and screw the consequences. (i.e. screw up less as a matter of process).

Last night, great example. Tomlin is what, 2nd in active winning %? Now, they had almost no chance of winning that game with that QB and that defense on opening night at Gillette, but punting on 4th and inches? Kicking a 19 yard field goal to make the score 20-3? Awful.

I called Tomlin punting and him going for a field goal in both cases. So dumb, so non-competitive and so fully expected by him.

Reactions: CDJ

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I say this with all seriousness. You absolutely have a greater than zero chance of winning a SB. Do the Patriots have a great chance at winning another one (like 2 plays away from being their 5th straight), sure? But it's still week 1. Cannon got hurt last night, if there's one thing that can short circuit a passing game with a ton of weapons it's a thin OL. Look no further than what happened in 07.

Win the division (which looks winnable after the weekend) then the NFC Championship and, see where you're at.

The Pats remember are also 4 plays from losing 4 of those ;) and one from not even going (Dee Ford was on the payroll).. But I understand what you are saying. I think the Patriots have their greatest season ever tbh. Bill and Brady are just so much further ahead than their peers.

I was talking to fellow diehards last weekend, and for the Pats we had

Greatest head coach ever- Bill
Greatest defensive mind ever- Bill
Greatest QB by far ever- TB12
Great OL coach ever- Dante

Where does Josh Daniels as an OC fit in? I said one of the best ever, but that was met with some resistance.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
People talk about Big Ben like he's good. Dude is a fat **** that doesn't clearly care about football at this point. Can't even bother to keep himself in decent shape, ffs. All he did last night was throw a few deep balls and hope they were caught. Literally no plan or flow. Just chuck it and pray. And that's the second best team in the entire AFC during the Pats 20 year run. Shameful display of football. Wasn't even a competitive game.

Ben is Teflon there for whatever reason. He hasn't given a **** in how many years now? Every summer it's a 15 minute interview on ESPN "Will he come back"

Reactions: LSCII

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
There are times that I watch the Patriots and wonder, are they smarter than everyone else, or do they just base everything on ruthlessly rigid logic and screw the consequences. (i.e. screw up less as a matter of process).

Last night, great example. Tomlin is what, 2nd in active winning %? Now, they had almost no chance of winning that game with that QB and that defense on opening night at Gillette, but punting on 4th and inches? Kicking a 19 yard field goal to make the score 20-3? Awful.

Wouldn't be a Tomlin game if there weren't 2 or 3 head scratching decisions. It's what he does.

Reactions: rfournier103

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
The Pats remember are also 4 plays from losing 4 of those ;) and one from not even going (Dee Ford was on the payroll).. But I understand what you are saying. I think the Patriots have their greatest season ever tbh. Bill and Brady are just so much further ahead than their peers.

Where does Josh Daniels as an OC fit in? I said one of the best ever, but that was met with some resistance.

Those things were all true in 07, maybe I'm scarred by that. They outscored their opponents by nearly 13 pts a game in 2010 and we didn't even make the AFC-CG. I'm scarred by that as well.

*I say scarred as much as a fan can be when your team wins 6 Super Bowls in less than 20 years on the back of a 6th round QB.

Reactions: rfournier103

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wouldn't be a Tomlin game if there weren't 2 or 3 head scratching decisions. It's what he does.

He truly is one of the most overrated coaches in the last 20 years. I get he won a title, and that's great for him, but man he does so many dumb things every game it makes you wonder if he's watching the same game you are...

Reactions: CDJ and jgatie

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ben is Teflon there for whatever reason. He hasn't given a **** in how many years now? Every summer it's a 15 minute interview on ESPN "Will he come back"

I assume that question is being asked by the local Pittsburgh KFC, and the answer is always a resounding yes...:laugh:

Reactions: BMC

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
source.gif

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
He truly is one of the most overrated coaches in the last 20 years. I get he won a title, and that's great for him, but man he does so many dumb things every game it makes you wonder if he's watching the same game you are...

Some parts being he does less dumb things than coaches who do even more dumb things, some parts getting to play the Browns twice.

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have to laugh at Tony Dungy being disappointed in the Pat's and that players need to be role models. Perhaps he forgot about Peyton Manning's behavior at Tennessee or his swept under the rug PED scandal. Or how about Marvin Harrison? Great guy off the field, Tony.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was excited with what I saw from my Vikings this Sunday....then Sunday night reminded me I have zero chance of winning a SB again.
I thought that 1971 Bruins were unbeatable

The 73 win Warriors

The 2007 Patriots

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

They were one play from 19-0

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And I know Felger and Mazz have a job to do but do they not realize Randy Moss put them ahead late in the SB? And that with the Patriots upcoming schedule they are going to win regardless of Antonio Brown. So over the first half of the season if Brown goes off the reservation the Pats say bye bye. Bill is not gonna let this clown derail what looks to be a very complete team.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
And I know Felger and Mazz have a job to do but do they not realize Randy Moss put them ahead late in the SB? And that with the Patriots upcoming schedule they are going to win regardless of Antonio Brown. So over the first half of the season if Brown goes off the reservation the Pats say bye bye. Bill is not gonna let this clown derail what looks to be a very complete team.

Felger is more of an idiot by the day. Ratings are important but he cares about nothing but. Once his show was great.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Felger is more of an idiot by the day. Ratings are important but he cares about nothing but. Once his show was great.

Seeing that his show and money is based on that alone, can you blame him? They've been a monster ratings-wise and it's because of his formula. He insults the fans of the local teams and gets them pissed off enough to call him and yell at him. And it works. Every day.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Seeing that his show and money is based on that alone, can you blame him? They've been a monster ratings-wise and it's because of his formula. He insults the fans of the local teams and gets them pissed off enough to call him and yell at him. And it works. Every day.

It does work, but it's tiresome to listen to and see right through his (98.5's) agendas. It was nice when it was about sports talk radio. I wish his character (because I am sure Felger the person is not so bad at sports talk, as he showed early on) would find a happier medium.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Kinda figure Kendricks and Obi would be released. Do not think either is gone from the team however.

Edelman
AB
Gordon
Thomas
Dorsett
Gunner
Meyers
Harry

Even if the team did/does IR DT or even cut him still lots of choices and I still feel like someone is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->