Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
stayed away from RB's till my 4th pick in my fantasy draft grabbing Michel who I think could lead the league in rushing. 1st round RB value just keeps going down

I mean why should teams have 1 RB that gets nearly all the carries? All you are doing is setting yourself up for a Leveon/Gordon/Gurley scenario where they demand big money. And look what was left in Gurley's tank last playoffs.

If Michel shows hes better at catching the ball hes gonna take some targets from White since we are going to want to pound Harris.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kinda expected to see it. Harry will be a nice little late season injection in the arm. Wouldn’t expect too much production due to the lack of reps with Brady but should be able to make a few big plays

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-09-02-15-23-42~2.png

Massachusetts farm etches former Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski into corn maze

Reactions: Saxon Eric

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
IRing Harry is akin to making him a redshirt. It'll allow him to get up to speed with the system and Meyers/Thomas can carry the 3/4 WR roles until then. Harry being eligible to return gives us good insurance in case Gordon relapses in the bye week again.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They kinda have to.

It’s such a hard position to find somebody that’s even above average- when you have a 25 year old QB who is good not great you don’t have much of a choice but to lock him up for big money and hope he continues to improve

I mean look at the QB carousel that franchise had before him. He’s their best QB since Bulger (yuck)

Bulger, Boller, Null, Bradford, Feeley, Clemens, Davis, Hill, Foles, Keenum over the last decade. You get a guy like Goff and he looks like a hero by comparison

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Holy crap, Jared Goff signed a monster contract. Four years, $134 million total, $110 million guaranteed. He's not even that good!

He's a middle ten QB in this league that has been coached up by McVay, but I'd still rather give him that deal than what Dallas is going to have to fork over for Dak. That deal is going to be far worse because Prescott is a bad QB with a great line and great RB.

Reactions: DKH

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
They kinda have to.

It’s such a hard position to find somebody that’s even above average- when you have a 25 year old QB who is good not great you don’t have much of a choice but to lock him up for big money and hope he continues to improve

I mean look at the QB carousel that franchise had before him. He’s their best QB since Bulger (yuck)

Bulger, Boller, Null, Bradford, Feeley, Clemens, Davis, Hill, Foles, Keenum over the last decade. You get a guy like Goff and he looks like a hero by comparison

I totally agree, it just sucks when that guy is only pretty good. All of a sudden keeping the talent around (which the Rams have actually done a great job doing) becomes far more difficult.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think that's an awful deal. If McVay can coach up a mediocre QB like Goff, what would he do with a legitimately good quarterback?

That's a huge amount of money for someone who isn't anything special.

Reactions: DKH and LSCII

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
He's a middle ten QB in this league that has been coached up by McVay, but I'd still rather give him that deal than what Dallas is going to have to fork over for Dak. That deal is going to be far worse because Prescott is a bad QB with a great line and great RB.
This is a good point too. Dak is garbage.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I totally agree, it just sucks when that guy is only pretty good. All of a sudden keeping the talent around (which the Rams have actually done a great job doing) becomes far more difficult.

Yup, its kind of like what we saw with Andy Dalton for a bit. He was a solid QB for a bit but he was in that awkward spot- do you punt on having a solid Qb and hope for the best in order To keep the rest of your key players or do you pay the guy who isn’t good enough to make players around him better or win a SB without a sensational D a shit ton of money and compromise the structure of your roster to do so? It really is a tough call

If I was a Rams fan I would’ve preferred they trade Goff for a bunch of high end picks and then draft another QB to coach up and hope for the best with

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Good luck you guys, as a huge Steelers fan I really am happy that they got rid of the cry baby in Brown.
The pick of Devin Bush as a middle linebacker to take over from one of my old favorites Shazier made me a happy guy as well.
Week one starts tomorrow, woooo hooo.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Good luck you guys, as a huge Steelers fan I really am happy that they got rid of the cry baby in Brown.
The pick of Devin Bush as a middle linebacker to take over from one of my old favorites Shazier made me a happy guy as well.
Week one starts tomorrow, woooo hooo.

I hope the Steelers go 8 and 8 forever so they don't get a good draft pick or make the playoffs, and also that they never fire Tomlin. I wish you and your fellow fans nothing but ill will and despair for all of eternity.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I hope the Steelers go 8 and 8 forever so they don't get a good draft pick or make the playoffs, and also that they never fire Tomlin. I wish you and your fellow fans nothing but ill will and despair for all of eternity.

Haha, I love it.

Believe me the feeling is mutual, you guys have had it way to good for way to long.
Brady can only have a few more years in him, and then blamo, your the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad