NFL GDT: Week 17 Part II

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Al Michaels was spontaneously combusting during that sequence

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Huh, I am too tired to remember the rule on this, was MIN out of luck if GB scored a TD there? Can that be reviewed by the booth? It was clear they snapped the ball with 0 on playclock.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Huh, I am too tired to remember the rule on this, was MIN out of luck if GB scored a TD there? Can that be reviewed by the booth? It was clear they snapped the ball with 0 on playclock.

All scoring plays are reviewed anyway and I'm sure they'd go to the booth for that as well.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Good win by the Vikings.

Packers killed themselves with the incredibly slow play causing them to burn 2 time outs. To be honest, I'd have preferred 4th & 18 with 2 time outs, to 4th & 13 with only 1. And if you're a running team, and you've basically thrown the ball all the way down the field to get 1st and goal... do an inside handoff, or something, to keep the defense honest.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

The play would obviously have been reviewed, but I don't think that review can look at whether they got the snap off before the end of the game. That's a field decision, like it is with the standard playclock.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's very odd. Unless they altered the rights.

I knew Fox wanted Green Bay/Washington. That's the biggest draw of the week.

I guess that since the games are on all 4 networks, the NFL does the schedule the way they want, and the networks just have to deal with it.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I mean, it makes sense to have Pittsburgh/Cincy as the late game than Minnesota/Seattle.

That was also likely the game NBC wanted originally.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Its funny. For the first half of the season it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Green Bay and New England would face off in the Super Bowl, and both teams look very bad heading in and could be ripe for the picking.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I mean, it makes sense to have Pittsburgh/Cincy as the late game than Minnesota/Seattle.

That was also likely the game NBC wanted originally.

I think the late game is good.

Surprised the GB/WSH game isn't the early one due to the Seahawks being a Western team therefore putting their game at 10AM local time.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
GB/WSH will draw the biggest audience. That timeslot was never in question.

I think what happened is NBC and CBS had a compromise(with influence from the NFL, no doubt). CBS got to keep PIT/CIN(because lord knows they didn't want the other game) but had to give up their Sunday timeslot.

Seattle/Minnesota would have been fine on Saturday. But if they're looking at the ratings perspective, I understand the switch.

Sucks for Seattle but this is a business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->