NFL GDT: Week 16

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
At this point, couldn’t hurt to make a change. Vikings changed OC’s. Ravens famously did it before their SB run.

Why can’t they make a DC change?

Because defenses need athleticism and talent. The Chiefs have little of both at LB and in the secondary. A D.C. change won't change anything about how slow Ragland and Hitchens are at filling run gaps or the lack of ball skills among the corner backs.

Oct 18, 2011
So there is no way Jerry Jones let's Zeke play next week right? Him, Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Cooper, Dak, and Dlaw should all rest.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Because defenses need athleticism and talent. The Chiefs have little of both at LB and in the secondary. A D.C. change won't change anything about how slow Ragland and Hitchens are at filling run gaps or the lack of ball skills among the corner backs.
You’re completely right, the lack of talent on defense is a thing, but Sutton absolutely deserves SOME of the blame. The dude consistently puts his guys in situations to fail, and the defense plays soft and passive in every situation, mentally AND physically.

Basically, not only is there a talent problem, there is a mentality problem. These guys, even the talented ones, look like they wanna get home to their couch. I swear, the Chiefs are just a faceswap of the Jags at this point. No doubt in my mine that this defense is among the worst of all time

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Andy Reid never thought linebackers were important, so that's not a surprise.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So there is no way Jerry Jones let's Zeke play next week right? Him, Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Cooper, Dak, and Dlaw should all rest.
They are locked into #4 so might as well sit them. Issue is the 53 man roster and whether they have enough guys to play O and D as well as special teams.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You’re completely right, the lack of talent on defense is a thing, but Sutton absolutely deserves SOME of the blame. The dude consistently puts his guys in situations to fail, and the defense plays soft and passive in every situation, mentally AND physically.

Basically, not only is there a talent problem, there is a mentality problem. These guys, even the talented ones, look like they wanna get home to their couch. I swear, the Chiefs are just a faceswap of the Jags at this point. No doubt in my mine that this defense is among the worst of all time

I'm not saying Sutton doesn't deserve blame. His scheme sucks. The only thing they do remotely well is rush the passer. If those guys don't get home it exposes the back end.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I'm not saying Sutton doesn't deserve blame. His scheme sucks. The only thing they do remotely well is rush the passer. If those guys don't get home it exposes the back end.

The key for Chiefs opponents- the OL must block that Chiefs pass rush. If they don't......

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm at a bar so I cant hear the explanation. But why was that ball not down when the broncos touched it on the one yard line? I thought all you had to do as the kicking team was touch it to down the ball

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm at a bar so I cant hear the explanation. But why was that ball not down when the broncos touched it on the one yard line? I thought all you had to do as the kicking team was touch it to down the ball

They usually give the receiving team a few seconds to grab the ball and return it after the touch before it's whistled down. Harris got it pretty much right away which is why he could return it.

I know nobody is watching, but that was a great play by Harris.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raiders some how keep getting a feature game at Christmas. The only time the last 4 years they didn't was the year they were actually good

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Raiders some how keep getting a feature game at Christmas. The only time the last 4 years they didn't was the year they were actually good

They weren't that bad in 2015 (their 7-9 record was seen as a positive)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad