NFL GDT: Week 16

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Very little done by the Eagles to get their money players involved. Jeffrey only got 2 targets. After Ajayi scored it looked like the eagles would roll. Credit to the Raiders I thought they fought pretty hard. They had to fly cross-country on Christmas and play in the cold. And it was windy, which makes it really cold. Could’ve very easily been more concerned with staying warm and getting the hell home.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Part of me believes they leaned on the pass so hard to get as many reps to Foles as they could, since obviously beating the craptacular Giants means nothing in about 2 weeks.

They're going to be in really tough without Wentz given what the NFC looks like. All potential matchups they could get in the divisional round could very well turn into shootouts (Rams/Falcons/Saints) with the loan exception being a midly offensive challenged Panthers team. Not a good look for an offense in flux.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That's what I saw in Fresno and why I didn't think he'd become the guy he was last year.

He wasn't nearly as bad at Fresno in regards to pressure as he's been this year. I don't know if getting hurt has made him so gunshy that he can't function without a wall in front of him. I know the passing schematics are high school level in concept and design and his receivers are having bad years but all his bad habits have surfaced this year down the stretch.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Part of me believes they leaned on the pass so hard to get as many reps to Foles as they could, since obviously beating the craptacular Giants means nothing in about 2 weeks.

They're going to be in really tough without Wentz given what the NFC looks like. All potential matchups they could get in the divisional round could very well turn into shootouts (Rams/Falcons/Saints) with the loan exception being a midly offensive challenged Panthers team. Not a good look for an offense in flux.

This was before they only put up 22 on the Bucs, but they've also scored an average of 21.6 points versus the current NFC playoff teams this year. The way their secondary is playing, they might accidentally find themselves in a playoff shooutout.

Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s why Gene and I said that it was addition by subtraction. They made it to a Super Bowl with him having been hurt. But they will definitely have to address the position again early in the draft.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He wasn't nearly as bad at Fresno in regards to pressure as he's been this year. I don't know if getting hurt has made him so gunshy that he can't function without a wall in front of him. I know the passing schematics are high school level in concept and design and his receivers are having bad years but all his bad habits have surfaced this year down the stretch.
Raiders and Cowboys had the best OL's in 2016, yet somehow they have both struggled this season. Passing scheme is focussed on so many short routes. Raiders have the WR to push the ball down the field. Change is OC has really impacted the Raider's offence this season. Much like ATL with the loss of Shanahan.

With 9 losses, wonder if Del Rio survives.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That’s why Gene and I said that it was addition by subtraction. They made it to a Super Bowl with him having been hurt. But they will definitely have to address the position again early in the draft.

Eh, I think they can get by with a healthy Byrd and Samuel as the 2 and 3 guys behind Funchess next year, plus McCaffrey and Olsen. They desperately need help at safety and probably CB.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Raiders and Cowboys had the best OL's in 2016, yet somehow they have both struggled this season. Passing scheme is focussed on so many short routes. Raiders have the WR to push the ball down the field. Change is OC has really impacted the Raider's offence this season. Much like ATL with the loss of Shanahan.

With 9 losses, wonder if Del Rio survives.

Way too miss the point. Carr's struggles aren't on the O-line. He is feeling non-existant pressure. Dak has been due to his god awful receivers and his decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad