Pre-Game Talk: Week 16 (@ TOR, @OTT, VS LA)

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
my leafs suck lately- dubas never addressed our D, we are soft everywhere, melander sucks, matthews in a slump, pp bad the last month, freddys back tonight at least. leafs will not beat any good team in the playoffs.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
my leafs suck lately- dubas never addressed our D, we are soft everywhere, melander sucks, matthews in a slump, pp bad the last month, freddys back tonight at least. leafs will not beat any good team in the playoffs.

This is precisely the reason why you're pretty much guaranteed victory tonight, we're doodoo.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
LEAF FAN HERE, told you leafs suck, cant score cant defend. 1-4 last 5 at home, 1 shot in last 10 min of the 1st, so many soft players, so many in a bad slump etc etc etc. melander 3 points in 16 games lol.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Friedman 31
18. In an excellent interview with Christine Simpson, Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon said he was “so embarrassed” by television cameras catching his heated exchange with coach Jared Bednar in Calgary that he didn’t go to the meal room after the game.

“I just stayed in my hotel room and hid. I guess they were eating and they showed it on Sportsnet as [Bednar] walked in the room…. I’m glad I wasn’t there for that.”
I liked how he and the Avalanche dealt with it. Things can explode when you’re in Canada, but MacKinnon didn’t run away, they handled it the way they needed to and everyone shrugged it off. A couple of players hinted Bednar and MacKinnon have a blunt and honest relationship, and it is not unusual for them to have passionate in-game conversations — although that one went farther than anyone wanted.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Friedman 31
18. In an excellent interview with Christine Simpson, Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon said he was “so embarrassed” by television cameras catching his heated exchange with coach Jared Bednar in Calgary that he didn’t go to the meal room after the game.

“I just stayed in my hotel room and hid. I guess they were eating and they showed it on Sportsnet as [Bednar] walked in the room…. I’m glad I wasn’t there for that.”
I liked how he and the Avalanche dealt with it. Things can explode when you’re in Canada, but MacKinnon didn’t run away, they handled it the way they needed to and everyone shrugged it off. A couple of players hinted Bednar and MacKinnon have a blunt and honest relationship, and it is not unusual for them to have passionate in-game conversations — although that one went farther than anyone wanted.
I just hope Nathan starts putting up some numbers starting tonight otherwise the narrative up here is going to be that Nathan hasn't scored or gotten a point since his blow up with his coach.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Bourque-Dries-Ghetto against the Kings or do they make another move between now and Saturday?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The 4th lines...

AVS:

Bourque - 5’10”, 206 lbs
Dries - 5’9”, 181 lbs
Andrighetto - 5’10”, 188 lbs​

KINGS:

Clifford - 6’2”’, 216 lbs
Thompson - 6’1”, 214 lbs
Luff - 6’2”, 195 lbs
There is literally a foot(12 inches) and 50 pounds separating these lines.

Should be a hilarious game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
An all AHL line like Greer-Toninato-Dries might actually be better in those limited minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad