Friday:
#5 Utah vs #13 Oregon (8pm, ABC)

Saturday:
#7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma (12pm, ABC)
Louisiana @ #21 Appalachian State (12pm, ESPN) Sun Belt

#20 Cincinnati @ #17 Memphis (3:30pm, ABC) AAC
#4 Georgia vs #2 LSU (4pm, CBS)
Hawaii @ #19 Boise St (4pm, ESPN) MWC

#23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson (7:30pm, ABC)
#1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin (8pm, FOX)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
UVA might give Clemson some trouble early on but I fully expect the Tigers to blow out the Cavaliers.

Ohio State should have no problem with Wisconsin.

Oklahoma will probably take care of Baylor.

Utah/Oregon I'm not sure.

LSU should and will likely beat UGA.

The non-power 5 teams I don't pay a lot of attention to so I won't comment.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama fell all the way to 12, they’re gonna be in like the capital one bowl or something.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ryan Day was named Big10 coach of the year. He was the first Buckeye coach to win that award in 40 years.

Seems like a long time.

Also, Day was born the same year the last time a Buckeye coach won coach of the year.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I don’t believe I mentioned this but Wisconsin beating Minnesota was great news for... you guessed it... PSU.

Basically, since Wisconsin will get smoked again by the Buckeyes, the Oregon-Utah winner is playing for the privilege to get worked by PSU in Pasadena, for the Grandaddy of ‘em all. Redemption for the 2017 Rose Bowl. Beautiful And fitting - PSU was the only team OSU struggled with all year.

Bucky will still go to a nice bowl game for them and I will pull for them to get a W for the B1G.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Do you mean Oregon? I think Utah has a very realistic chance of getting in.

No, I meant Utah.

I think LSU and Ohio State are locks regardless. Clemson shouldn't lose. I think Oklahoma passes Utah if both win. Georgia obviously gets in if they win.

Who has Utah beaten? Their best win is a road win against Washington. A neutral site win over Oregon helps of course, but that would be their best win by a mile.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
No, I meant Utah.

I think LSU and Ohio State are locks regardless. Clemson shouldn't lose. I think Oklahoma passes Utah if both win. Georgia obviously gets in if they win.

Who has Utah beaten? Their best win is a road win against Washington. A neutral site win over Oregon helps of course, but that would be their best win by a mile.

But you have to consider where they are already ranked. I would agree with you if Oklahoma was currently ranked higher, but Utah is higher right now. The committee already has Utah as the better team, and a win over Oregon only helps that case. I don't see how Oklahoma jumps them unless they absolutely dominate Baylor.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
But you have to consider where they are already ranked. I would agree with you if Oklahoma was currently ranked higher, but Utah is higher right now. The committee already has Utah as the better team, and a win over Oregon only helps that case. I don't see how Oklahoma jumps them unless they absolutely dominate Baylor.

Fair enough. To be honest, I was stunned that Utah was still ranked ahead of Oklahoma.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Fair enough. To be honest, I was stunned that Utah was still ranked ahead of Oklahoma.

Same here. But that seems to indicate to me that they have a very good chance of going in. If both are to have similar margins in their victories, I don't see that being enough for Oklahoma to jump them. It could make for one heck of a discussion, though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The AAC winner is most likely going to the Cotton Bowl. I just don't see potential wins by Boise and Appy moving the needle much, if at all.

And honestly, I forgot that the Pac-12 game is tonight. :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Friday:
#5 Utah vs #13 Oregon (8pm, ABC)

Saturday:
#7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma (12pm, ABC)
Louisiana @ #21 Appalachian State (12pm, ESPN) Sun Belt

#20 Cincinnati @ #17 Memphis (3:30pm, ABC) AAC
#4 Georgia vs #2 LSU (4pm, CBS)
Hawaii @ #19 Boise St (4pm, ESPN) MWC

#23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson (7:30pm, ABC)
#1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin (8pm, FOX)
Ohio State, LSU will advance to the playoff even with a loss on Saturday. Georgia gets in if they beat LSU. Clemson, can they afford a loss? Given their strength of schedule, you'd say no, but they are the defending national champions and people want to see them in it.

So, is a 1 loss Clemson better than a 1 loss Utah and Oklahoma? Of the 3 teams, I think Clemson would put up a bigger challenge to LSU, Ohio State, Georgia than the other 2 teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My thing with this Utah-Oklahoma-Baylor debate is why the committee bothered putting Utah at 5 if the winner of Oklahoma/Baylor gets in anyways. If LSU loses, I do think they are out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Utah figured it out against Colorado, but against Oregon, doesn’t seem they have the horses to keep up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad