NCAA GDT: Week 14: Championship Weekend

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Not saying it should or shouldn’t have. Just thought you were blaming refs on the loss

I had no confidence in the Badgers scoring a TD there, because, well, I've seen their offense all year. It would've been nice to not have them be 10 yards beyond the line to find out if they could've though.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Alabama can beat Clemson. Don't get me wrong, Bama woudln't be favorites, but they can beat Clemson.

Ohio State has no chance. It will be ugly. Very ugly. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I know they want to respect Conference titles and all that, but at the end of the day, the playoff should be the 4 best teams getting in. The team ranked #1 for 13/14 weeks should one of those 4-teams IMO.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
"About the same time."

Isg1hIL.png

And the tackle started even before this screen shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave is a killer

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Alabama can beat Clemson. Don't get me wrong, Bama woudln't be favorites, but they can beat Clemson.

Ohio State has no chance. It will be ugly. Very ugly. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I know they want to respect Conference titles and all that, but at the end of the day, the playoff should be the 4 best teams getting in. The team ranked #1 for 13/14 weeks should one of those 4-teams IMO.

Clemson -4.5 over Bama?
Clemson -10 over USC/OSU?

I could see Clemson shit stomping OSU and I'm an OSU grad. :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Penn state on a neutral field is better then osu and probably top 4.

Reactions: Cody Webster

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Big 10 really needs to rework these divisions once again.

On the Brightside, I do believe either Alabama or OSU will provide a better game against Clemson than Wisconsin.

I think the west as is will get better as those teams are starting to get with the times with their spending & coach hires. Fleck, Brohm, & now Frost are hires even those schools weren’t making before. But there will still be that off balance with your traditional upper echelon teams.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Conference titles should indeed mean something. At the same time, if we're going to play who did they beat game, Wisconsin's best win came against a 9-3 Northwestern. The best team Wisconsin beat on the road was a 5-7 Minnesota squad. No offense to either of these teams but c'mon now.

If Ohio State had a more convincing win, I would give them the edge. But at this point, I think Alabama should get the nod.

Reactions: Cody Webster

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think the west as is will get better as those teams are starting to get with the times with their spending & coach hires. Fleck, Brohm, & now Frost are hires even those schools weren’t making before. But there will still be that off balance with your traditional upper echelon teams.

Minnesota. Nebraska and Purdue (brohm might be gone in two years) might be good. But they need msu or penn in there

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

I think they had the right idea separating Ohio State and Michigan. But then that screwed up the rivalry game and yadda yadda yadda...

It's not the fault of Wisconsin. The onus is on the other teams and Iowa tends to be good every now and then. But the fact remains the Western division of the Big 10 is a complete joke. Perhaps things will change but I'm not betting on it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Penn st won the conference last year while beating OSU to get there.

They got clown pounded by Iowa this year.

I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in your argument. You say the precedent was set last year by leaving out a 2 loss conference champ in favor of a 1 loss non-conference champ but Ohio St. had a stronger resume than Penn St. last season based mainly on the strength of their wins outside of the head to head obviously. This season, Ohio St. unquestionably had the better wins, they had 3 wins that are better than any of Alabama's wins. The Iowa loss could sink them but I think Big 10 champ and multiple better wins will give them the edge.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Minnesota. Nebraska and Purdue (brohm might be gone in two years) might be good. But they need msu or penn in there

Yeah but if guys like Fleck & Brohm eventually leave that means they did something good. As long as those programs are willing to spend money & target coaches with upside it will make the conference better. I don’t think they’ll turn into juggernauts but at least it could offer a harder path to get through opposed to what it was this year. For the longest time that didn’t really happen as the Big Ten got stale & had an old boys club mentality to it.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Honestly, I think the best move would be to ship Ohio State(as they could technically claim they fit in the western side) in return for your choice of Northwestern, Purdue or Illinois.

The sticking point, once again, would be the MICH/OSU game. But I see no reason why they can't move that game earlier and either have MICH face either MSU or PSU in the regular season finale.

Traditionalists won't like that whatsoever but things have already changed and will continue to do so.

Moving MSU to the West might make sense too. In any event, this is all just fantasy booking.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Honestly, I think the best move would be to ship Ohio State(as they could technically claim they fit in the western side)

Other than Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland, Ohio State is furthest East. How could they technically claim they fit out West?

Really the only thing I can think of is moving Michigan and Michigan State to the West, Illinois to the East and Purdue to the East.

Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska

Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they make it, I really do. But I can't see them taking a team with 2 losses and gave up 55 to freaking Iowa.

I would DVR Finebaum's show if it happened, but I don't think it will.
Beyond that, with Auburn losing, the committee has an out and can simply leave out 2-loss teams

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly, I think the best move would be to ship Ohio State(as they could technically claim they fit in the western side) in return for your choice of Northwestern, Purdue or Illinois.

The sticking point, once again, would be the MICH/OSU game. But I see no reason why they can't move that game earlier and either have MICH face either MSU or PSU in the regular season finale.

Traditionalists won't like that whatsoever but things have already changed and will continue to do so.

Moving MSU to the West might make sense too. In any event, this is all just fantasy booking.
Other than Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland, Ohio State is furthest East. How could they technically claim they fit out West?

Really the only thing I can think of is moving Michigan and Michigan State to the West, Illinois to the East and Purdue to the East.

Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska

Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois

Yeah nah. One of the top teams needs to move

Wisc is a top program. If you add two more? You pretty much just switched. One division is not that good and the other is stacked

Northwestern under pat is underrated. Iowa at home is good. Minnesota on the rise. Nebraska could be.

Illinois is screwed. Probably Rutgers. Maryland needs things to go right. Purdue may not be good in a few years after brohm leaves

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Penn state on a neutral field is better then osu and probably top 4.
Should be a playoff team. Would destroy Wisconsin. F’d up in terms of taking care of business though. Need to improve. Beat O$U.

Regardless, I can’t complain too much about beating a good team in a good bowl and winning 11.

PSU is a top 10 blue blood program. It’s great to be back.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Maryland just needs their team to stay healthy. Durkin has them on right track.

Yeah, things need to go right. It’s interesting to see Rutgers struggling after getting some good classes.

Maryland is still better with Injuries (Rutgers got lucky in the W)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, things need to go right. It’s interesting to see Rutgers struggling after getting some good classes.

Maryland is still better with Injuries (Rutgers got lucky in the W)

Rutgers really hasn’t had good class since Schiano left.

2018 - 43rd (still going on)
2017 - 42nd
2016 - 64th
2015 - 56th
2014 - 56th
2013 - 48th
2012 - 23rd

That’s their national rankings acccording to 247’s composite class rankings. Schiano left late in that 2012 & Flood who was on staff got promoted to HC & closed out the class well. But it quickly went downhill & they’ve struggled since. I don’t really see it stopping any time soon as Ash inherited a full on rebuild with Flood leaving him really nothing so it’s going to be hard to build momentum on the trail. They showed some improvement this year but they still got smacked around badly by the teams at the top of the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->