Post-Game Talk: WEEK 14 · PATRIOTS 27 Arizona 13 - Pats currently #7 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That’s a mediocre football team right there. Offense is still inept even against a horrible defense. In a game against Colt McCoy’s Cards was way closer than the score showed, good thing for scoop and scores.

Stevenson injury is a huge loss.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My gut tells me they get into the tournament.

They’ve done enough against the bad teams to scrape out wins.

Sweeping the Jets gives them that tie breaker.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they managed to beat Miami at home and then watch Buffalo have nothing to play for and rest guys in the finale.

Buffalo or Kansas City will annihilate them in the first round, though.

Reactions: wintersej

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My gut tells me they get into the tournament.

They’ve done enough against the bad teams to scrape out wins.

Sweeping the Jets gives them that tie breaker.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they managed to beat Miami at home and then watch Buffalo have nothing to play for and rest guys in the finale.

Buffalo or Kansas City will annihilate them in the first round, though.

I don't see it. Chargers have an easy schedule. Should be 3-1 at worst. No way this Pats team goes 3-1 down the stretch to make it in. They're 0-4 in games against current playoff teams with an average score of 28.5-17.25. Cinci wants the division, Miami will still be fighting for a playoff spot, and Buffalo may need that last game to secure the bye/home field advantage.

I'm saying best case scenario is 8-9, and I think it's more likely they go 0-4 than 3-1.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
They'll be favored next week and underdogs the final 3. Losing to a bad McDaniels would be team would be pretty embarrassing for Bill. Probably get stomped by Cinci. Miami at home, pray for snow and a healthy Rhamondre. Buffalo could rest their guys and still beat us. I'm guessing 2-2, don't know if that gets them in.

Being completely unprepared and overmatched by the Bears was the real season killer.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd been hoping that the Bills clinching the bye and having nothing to play for in week 18 would be in the cards, but that's not going to be the case. The Chiefs have an absolute cupcake schedule the last four weeks and won't lose, so Buffalo will still need to win that last game..

Our path is beating the Raiders and Dolphins, then hoping you can sneak out one of the other two (possibly the Bengals at home).

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Or if the Bills slip to the 2 and treat week 18 as their rest week.

I dunno.

Feels like this Pats team has a horseshoe up their rear. Murray going down early last night felt like just another example.

New England’s offense is bad, but their defense feasts on turnovers against bad teams.

Vegas could definitely beat them.

Bengals feels like a loss.

Dolphins are better than them, but who knows when it’s cold weather in Foxboro.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Or if the Bills slip to the 2 and treat week 18 as their rest week.

I dunno.

Feels like this Pats team has a horseshoe up their rear. Murray going down early last night felt like just another example.

New England’s offense is bad, but their defense feasts on turnovers against bad teams.

Vegas could definitely beat them.

Bengals feels like a loss.

Dolphins are better than them, but who knows when it’s cold weather in Foxboro.
Since the Bills have the H2H tiebreaker on KC, they'd need to lose two games before week 18 for the Chiefs to lock up #1, and in that scenario the Dolphins would actually be right up Buffalo's butt for the AFC East title and a home game in the Wild Card round. So I don't see any reasonable permutation that involves Buffalo having a secure enough position to rest anyone down the stretch.

Reactions: smithformeragent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad