NFL GDT: Week 13

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Washington: 6-23 on Monday Night Football since 1997.

Against the Eagles in that timespan: 1-6, outscored 230-146

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I am looking forward to a day where I never have to hear about Kaepernick every time a QB gets hurt.

Sep 19, 2008
You really thought they'd have a chance with back ups at QB and on the O-line?

I don't understand why local sports fans insist the team sign Kaepernick. It's not like Kaepernick did anything after that great SB run. He put up terrible stats, his teams regularly won 1 or 2 games in the Tomsula and Kelly regimes, and he generally showed no inclination to throw the football to his own team. It was like he regressed terribly since his SB run. I firmly believe he is still unemployed because he cannot play football. It has nothing to do with any political stance or backlash. He just cannot play football anymore. He's not any good.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I don't understand why local sports fans insist the team sign Kaepernick. It's not like Kaepernick did anything after that great SB run. He put up terrible stats, his teams regularly won 1 or 2 games in the Tomsula and Kelly regimes, and he generally showed no inclination to throw the football to his own team. It was like he regressed terribly since his SB run. I firmly believe he is still unemployed because he cannot play football. It has nothing to do with any political stance or backlash. He just cannot play football anymore. He's not any good.
And yet he's still better than probably 60% of qb's collecting paychecks from NFL teams.

I don't think Kap is great, probably bottom tier starter to good backup, but that is better than almost all back ups plus Cody Kessler/Blake Bortles, the Sanchize.

Sep 19, 2008
And yet he's still better than probably 60% of qb's collecting paychecks from NFL teams.

I don't think Kap is great, probably bottom tier starter to good backup, but that is better than almost all back ups plus Cody Kessler/Blake Bortles, the Sanchize.

I also remember his last workout with the Ravens a few years ago, apparently he didn't want to play backup and only wanted to start in this league. If that's the case then he's just making it more difficult on himself. He's not a starter anymore. He's a backup. He needs to park his ego at the door and accept a second or third string position.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You get the whole package with Kaepernick on and off the field, and at this point the cons outweigh the pros for most teams.

Conversely, I'm sure Kaepernick is doing just fine off the field and part of the marketing is him not actually playing in the NFL. He also has the legal side he is still trying. I'm just not sure the financial incentive is there for him to play for backup money.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Why are you telling me this? I don't give a f***.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I also remember his last workout with the Ravens a few years ago, apparently he didn't want to play backup and only wanted to start in this league. If that's the case then he's just making it more difficult on himself. He's not a starter anymore. He's a backup. He needs to park his ego at the door and accept a second or third string position.

"Apparently" He doesn't need to do anything of the sort and I'm sure he's fine with what he's doing. If you're still upset about a guy who hasn't played in two years maybe it's time to get over it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You get the whole package with Kaepernick on and off the field, and at this point the cons outweigh the pros for most teams.

Conversely, I'm sure Kaepernick is doing just fine off the field and part of the marketing is him not actually playing in the NFL. He also has the legal side he is still trying. I'm just not sure the financial incentive is there for him to play for backup money.
I wonder what he's getting, because that marketing campaign hit big and then like dropped off the face of the earth. I don't think I've seen a Nike ad since that ad debuted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->