NFL GDT: Week 13

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also will be interesting game for NFC Playoff picture and a big night potentially for Cowboys with showdown vs Eagles next weekend

Pull off upset here and they should be favorites to win NFC East given how schedule ends for them

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think Dallas wins going away.

The Saints haven’r yet seen a defense like the Cowboys defense

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I think Dallas wins going away.

The Saints haven’r yet seen a defense like the Cowboys defense

The Saints played Baltimore @ Baltimore in week 5, outdoors in the cold. Baltimore is currently 1st in yardage allowed, 1st in scoring allowed, 1st in passer rating allowed, 2nd in passing yards allowed, 3rd in rushing yards allowed and 5th in defensive DVOA. And the week before playing the Saints they had 11 sacks. Against the Saints they had 1.

Cowboys are well below Baltimore in all those categories and are currently 13th in DVOA (Saints are 14th, FWIW)

They also played Minnesota in Minnesota, a very difficult place to play. I don't have all the Vikings defensive stats on hand but I don't think anybody would argue that they don't have a very good defense (currently 6th in DVOA)

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Anyway, the Cowboys could win if the Saints have an off week. Weird things happen in Thursday games, especially for the road team. But they have had a 7-day break since they played on Thanksgiving so fatigue/injury shouldn't be a huge factor.

I'll be interested to see if the Cowboys attempt to move D-Law to take advantage of a matchup against Bushrod. D-Law typically plays the left side of the line but he's not likely to beat Ramczyk at right tackle very often. I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if Payton flip-flops Bushrod and Ramczyk from time to time defending on how the Cowboys line up. It's unconventional but he's done it in the past to protect the weaker tackle in a bad matchup.

If I'm Dallas I scheme my backend to take Mike Thomas and Kamara out of the game as much as possible. Might even think about pulling a corner down to spy Kamara. That leaves your linebackers to cover tight ends and guys like Arnold/Carr/Kirkwood with maybe just one safety for help, but it probably gives you a better chance than trying to play it straight up.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Looks like Tyron Smith is inactive, Okafor/Davenport vs. Fleming should be a significant advantage for the Saints.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I like the Saints to win, too, but giving Dallas a touchdown (+ in some instances) at home, that seems a little too generous.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Glass half full- Gallup is becoming a big-play guy.

Glass half empty- settle for a FG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad