NFL GDT: Week 12

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Will be interesting since Rodgers and Wilson could be traded this off season.

Where would they go?

You'd have to think Denver would be highly interested in at least one of them, as would Carolina. Miami might be interested if either Watson trade falls through or Tua doesn't develop enough in the brass' collective mind. Would WFT be interested? Perhaps the Titans if they deem Tanny untrustworthy? Just spitballing.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Its becoming more & more clear that the Dolphins do not need a new QB.....they need to build around Tua and make sure he has a better OL and a much better running game......give him those two things & he can be a top tier QB.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
While averaging less than 8 yards a catch less than Chase and 5 less than Smith/Pitts. He is averaging less than 10 yards a catch, that is not ideal.
He's another victim of the Dolphins sub-par OL......simply no time to be able to develop the deeper routes. he did have somewhat of a breakout game this past Sunday, though.

Reactions: Elvis P

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Its becoming more & more clear that the Dolphins do not need a new QB.....they need to build around Tua and make sure he has a better OL and a much better running game......give him those two things & he can be a top tier QB.
That’s how I’ve been seeing it. The OL has been a disaster, which isn’t good for a QB who has already been injured. But the talk that the Dolphins picked the wrong guy, I don’t buy. Get him through the season, give him another off-season, get a better line (and position coach, it hasn’t been steady there). I don’t know that Tagovailoa is a elite-ceiling guy but if he can be on the level of a Joe Flacco or non-running Roethlisberger, I think that’s what you’re looking for from him.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Waddle has 25 more catches than every other rookie.
Not for long if Parker can stay on the field. Tua targets him like a dozen times a game.

The Dolphins should scheme an offense conducive to Tua’s strengths. Quick routes with wr’s that can get yac. He can hit a guy in stride 10-15 yards down field, but shouldn’t be going deep much.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Still too early to make definitive statements about any of the top WR's in the past draft. Waddle was known for stretching the field at the NCAA level.

Reactions: Elvis P

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I can't find an analyst who thinks Tua is an NFL starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad