NCAA GDT: Week 12

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I'm not sure how Notre Dame's schedule can be criticized. Michigan, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, Vandy, Ball State is their "out of conference" schedule. Other than Ball State, there are no guaranteed wins in there, not by a long shot. Compare that to the utterly laughable SEC practice of scheduling a guaranteed win for every team right as we head down the home stretch here. Citadel, Liberty, Idaho...just an absolute joke to schedule these teams outside of September. Notre Dame's schedule is an order of magnitude tougher than Alabama or Clemson's. I've never liked the Domers, but they are full marks for being a playoff team. No doubt they are one of the top 4 teams.

Reactions: peate and Duke33

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
He blew up as a senior. Kinda screwed Penn State once Georgia got their paws on him.
meh. hes a georgia kid who became pretty much the top recruit in the country. always gonna be tough to get someone like that away from georgia. psu's fall back qb recruit levis has apparently impressed in practice this year.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Mizzou with close to competent officiating against South Carolina and Kentucky are 9 and 2 with their only losses at Bama and Home against Georgia. They should be a borderline top 10 team.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not sure how Notre Dame's schedule can be criticized. Michigan, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, Vandy, Ball State is their "out of conference" schedule. Other than Ball State, there are no guaranteed wins in there, not by a long shot. Compare that to the utterly laughable SEC practice of scheduling a guaranteed win for every team right as we head down the home stretch here. Citadel, Liberty, Idaho...just an absolute joke to schedule these teams outside of September. Notre Dame's schedule is an order of magnitude tougher than Alabama or Clemson's. I've never liked the Domers, but they are full marks for being a playoff team. No doubt they are one of the top 4 teams.
But they have to play the SEC the rest of the year while other teams don’t. So there’s that.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
But they have to play the SEC the rest of the year while other teams don’t. So there’s that.

The SEC has plenty of easy outs, just like the other conferences. And they do not play a balanced schedule either. Certain SEC teams will have much tougher schedules than others due to nothing more than randomness. Team A in the SEC East this year could have (maybe did, I'm not going to check) end up with Alabama and LSU as their cross-division games, while Team B may have got Arkansas and Ole Miss. Team A could reasonably claim tough conference schedule as an excuse for playing mutts as their out-of-conference opponents. Team B certainly could not.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What horrendous clock management from West Virginia. Lost a good 15 seconds and will finish the game with a timeout still in their pocket. That is just inexcusable.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Okie State is singlehandedly doing in the Big 12's playoff hopes- first Texas, now WVU

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how does SC not fire helton after this season?

and i know daniels should still be in HS but i just don't see anything special

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Helton basically HAS to beat Notre Dame to salvage anything. But that's not lookign likely.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
how does SC not fire helton after this season?

and i know daniels should still be in HS but i just don't see anything special

Pretty brutal. Losing to Cal & UCLA in back to back weeks. Those are games you have to win if you’re Helton & feeling the heat. Now you’re probably going to get beat handily by Notre Dame to finish the year 5-7.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
D held on the first possession but that turnover for a TD is not the way to start on offense. Not sure how many stops the D will get can't give them free points like that.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
That's just very bad lack of awareness on that TD. Ball has to be gone in two seconds or less if you're passing on your own goal line.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That's just very bad lack of awareness on that TD. Ball has to be gone in two seconds or less if you're passing on your own goal line.

Play calling is poor as well. They have a good back and they haven't tried to run it once. When Milton is off he's bad and he's off so far today.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I had no idea Cincinnati was 9-1 lol. Kentucky fans have to be sick at letting Ridder go right across the border.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad