NCAA GDT: Week 10

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Looks like the playoff will only have 1 SEC team after all. Unless maybe 1 loss UGA beats a previously undefeated Bama in the SECCG that is. But it looks like a long shot now.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Of course I think Michigan is ranked way too high as well, given they've beaten nobody of consequence and they lost their one meaningful game vs. Notre Dame.
It was the first game of the season. I think at this point in the season if they played each other again, could very easily be a different result.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
On 2nd down, Burrow should have hung in. #19 was breaking open for a TD. He pulled the ball down with no pressure.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Basically. I've thought OU/Clemson/Michigan was the best chance to beat Bama this year, but Shea hasn't looked too hot with Michigan all year.
They aren't asking him to be a Baker Mayfield and carry the whole team on his back. He's expected to do what the likes of Rudock did before him, make the throws you need to, and don't do anything stupid that hurts the team, pretty simple, and maybe a breath of fresh air for him.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Basically. I've thought OU/Clemson/Michigan was the best chance to beat Bama this year, but Shea hasn't looked too hot with Michigan all year.

And a good playcaller that won't coach scared. LSU has played not to get blown out all night. They just aren't getting the turnovers and short fields.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They aren't asking him to be a Baker Mayfield and carry the whole team on his back. He's expected to do what the likes of Rudock did before him, make the throws you need to, and don't do anything stupid that hurts the team, pretty simple, and maybe a breath of fresh air for him.

Except they expected him to be more of a playmaker.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Georgia will be in the discussion next year, I think they have the better QB on the bench though.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Except they expected him to be more of a playmaker.
Perhaps at first, sure, but with the consistent running game he has had, they could have easily rethought that original strategy that was learned after the ND game when he was getting his feet wet with the team, to not ask him to do too much. Could be for his benefit though, as the team evolves and adjusts throughout a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad