NCAA GDT: Week 10

Sep 19, 2008
Northwestern and ND should be a good game too. Northwestern raising eyebrows with their good play.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Northwestern and ND should be a good game too. Northwestern raising eyebrows with their good play.

Enormous chance for the Big-10 to get a signature non-conference win. Right now the most impressive non-conference Big-10 win is Ohio State's win over 3-5 TCU, the same TCU that just lost to Kansas.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I'm curious as to how Michigan will be after the Bye Week at home, vs. Penn State. It'll be one of those games where I worry about having a week off, they have yet another slow & sluggish start, and not look nearly prepared as they should be. Looks like it'll be a hard fought game, for sure, as long as they can contain McSorley, that is.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Enormous chance for the Big-10 to get a signature non-conference win. Right now the most impressive non-conference Big-10 win is Ohio State's win over 3-5 TCU, the same TCU that just lost to Kansas.

They will need a lot of things to go right.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Your coach is 10-15, has a culture of abuse and bullying, and he kills a kid. What should you do? Apparently bring him back is the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
What a mess in Maryland. Sad to see the major institution in my home state fail like this.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
What a mess in Maryland. Sad to see the major institution in my home state fail like this.
They need to clean house and overhaul the athletic dept. It completely unacceptable that Durkin is fired before Robinson (the head trainer) who actually is responsible for McNairs death.

Durkin got a really raw deal from the media. The school handled everything in the worst way possible at every turn along the way. If they would've announced they were buying Durkin out on Tuesday because they needed a fresh start I would've at least understood and accepted it. This, this is just completely inept.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I hope they have to pay him a huge payout for firing him. That ESPN article, which turned out to be mostly garbage, really screwed him over. Not saying he didn't bear some blame for being a tough coach but the issue was with the training staff who didn't help the kid sooner. UCF had a kid die years ago under O'Leary but he made it through and got the program on track towards where it is today. Maryland is going to be in trouble the next few years until they clean some things up and get a fresh group of players as well.

Sep 19, 2008
The issue was it was optics and PR. The outrage over Durkin was way too much. Even if the ESPN article did embellish some details.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If they kept Durkin, they'd become Rutgers because he would be the easiest coach to recruit against in America.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Amazing how much shit Maryland didn't see coming for this. This is an Exhibit A example of how presidents and chairmen end up losing their jobs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The President wanted to fire him all along and did eventually. The Regents prevented him.
Yeah but I’m saying, this is how those guys get fired, the president just was in the right.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Temple hanging tough with the reigning national champions. God would it be so great to see Temple win this game

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That defense is brutal but they sure can make a stop when needed and get timely turnovers. I think they'll get past Navy, Cincinnati and USF but they're losing to Houston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad