NCAA GDT: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Outside of Boise State-Georgia in 2011, these week 1 OOC kickoff classic “neutral games” involving SEC teams are basically more predictable than Ovechkin leading the league in goals.

Other than Georgia, how many of these SEC teams ever travel for a non conference game?

Reactions: sigma six

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Outside of Boise State-Georgia in 2011, these week 1 OOC kickoff classic “neutral games” involving SEC teams are basically more predictable than Ovechkin leading the league in goals.

Other than Georgia, how many of these SEC teams ever travel for a non conference game?
lol bro, we've known for awhile that the SEC SUCKS outside of UGA and Bama

Reactions: DaveG

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Other than Georgia, the SEC is afraid to travel West.

These PAC 12- SEC games are always “home” games for the Smug Ego Conference.

They always end up with the PAC 12 having to travel, never the SEC coming to them.

They always hide in Dallas or Atlanta. Jerryworld might as well be the Georgia Dome.

Reactions: sigma six and DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oregon gagging against Auburn is no good. Another team blows it up 21-6 against a freshman QB. At least this was neutral site against another power team, but your guy is a potential #1OV NFL draft pick. But being up that big when you think you're a potential playoff team, you can't do that.

Reactions: DaveG

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Oregon finding a way to lose was ridiculous enough, but not even covering the +3.5 in that situation is...really something.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It already looks like the Pac-12 will miss out on the playoff again.
Don’t think any school is a powerhouse. Oregon is likely out of the running with their loss as I think Auburn will have 2 loses or more this season. Washington and Utah are the next 2 ranked PAC 12 teams at 13&14.

They would have to go undefeated to make it to the playoff. Everyone expects Clemson, Bama, to be in it so 2 spots open. Competing with Georgia, big 12 and big 10 champs for final 2 spots.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Don’t think any school is a powerhouse. Oregon is likely out of the running with their loss as I think Auburn will have 2 loses or more this season. Washington and Utah are the next 2 ranked PAC 12 teams at 13&14.

They would have to go undefeated to make it to the playoff. Everyone expects Clemson, Bama, to be in it so 2 spots open. Competing with Georgia, big 12 and big 10 champs for final 2 spots.

I knew that there weren't any "elite" teams this year. But to have any chance, they would have had to kill the non-conference portion as a conference in order to have any shot. Playing nine conference games also hurts the conference big time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Figures. Nothing was going to save Helton from being fired, but this will help me focus my Saturdays elsewhere.

Sep 19, 2008

Hugh Freeze coached from hospital bed in coaches booth for Liberty's game against Syracuse

With Freeze in the booth there was not a traditional coaches handshake after the game, but Orange coach Dino Babers acknowledge his counterpart with a point to the press box, which Freeze answered with a wave.

“I knew where he was and I just wanted him to know I love him and am thinking about him and God bless him and keep working hard,” Babers said of the gesture.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
SEC East is an absolute dumpster fire. This might be UGA's easiest season yet. Florida is the only other decent team but they're going nowhere with their trash tier QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Figures. Nothing was going to save Helton from being fired, but this will help me focus my Saturdays elsewhere.
Much less the brutal schedule they have.

This talk of the PAC 12 bring up or down usually coincides with USC being up or down.

Sep 19, 2008
OU's D used to be an issue but they hired a bright mind from OSU this year. If they can fix their defensive issues they could take that next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad