NCAA GDT: Week 1: The week of neutral site games (Deondre Francois out of the season)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
On a personal note I'm proud to see Josh Oliver and Bailey Gaither. I coached them both in high school. Nice to see them be players at SJSU. Oliver will get NFL looks with his size and athleticism.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gaither can play.

On the bright side, they showed they could hang in there with a good team for about 25 minutes. Plus, that freshman QB that played the 4th quarter may be the guy they need, cuz their starter is NOT.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
4td's in 11 minutes in the 2nd quarter. 2 SJSU turnovers and a stop on downs......

I think if they had a NORMAL college football crowd, like 25,000 even, they could have hung in there, but just no atmosphere to lift a team when they need it.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Gaither can play.

On the bright side, they showed they could hang in there with a good team for about 25 minutes. Plus, that freshman QB that played the 4th quarter may be the guy they need, cuz their starter is NOT.

Bailey is a good college wr. There a lot of his type out there. If he keeps his play up on S/T, he's got a shot. Oliver will get looks due to being 6'5" 255 and a very fluid athlete. Plus he can block which he never did with us haha. They play my alma mater next week and should win easily.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Seeing what Stanford did to Rice and realizing that's what we'll be doing to Akron in 6 days... hnnnng.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
SC starts their season with Western Michigan, Stanford, and Texas.
No bye weeks this season.

Good thing the PAC-12 south is a bit weak this year.

Sep 19, 2008
Gators announced their starting QB which shouldn't matter much as that entire offense is badly struggling even with an offensive guru as head coach

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Any of you that enjoy putting down a ducat or two like any games this weekend?

I have a feeling MD is going to give Texas a fairly good game, 19 points seem like a lot.

If Florida St gets more than 7, I think you kinda have to take it, it's 7 1/2 now.

And I think Iowa may handle Wyoming with ease. All the talk about the QB there, but Hill was a better player for the Cowboys last year and they won't be able to run and the Hawkeyes should easily run for 200 plus yards.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Maryland might be sneaky good

They still don't have much talent among their upperclassmen which will limit them. They should be playing a lot of first & second year players in their two deep this year which is never really a good thing. The QB they named as a starter I doubt they go the full year with him. I think he'll get unseated at some point by a true freshmen they have there. Edsall landed a few big fish from the DMV area during his tenure but mostly everything else he brought in was crap.

@ Texas
Towson
UCF
@ Minnesota
@ Ohio State
Northwestern
@ Wisconsin
Indiana
@ Rutgers
Michigan
@ Michigan State
Penn State

They got a tough schedule all things considered. They draw Wisconsin, Northwestern, & Minnesota from the Western Division in crossover conference games. They have Texas & UCF as OOC games. Towson & Rutgers are probably the only two games they'll be heavily favorited in. If they can get to six wins that should be considered a success. Anything more is just gravy.

Sep 19, 2008
Big OSU game today.

Funny thing about Florida is that Zaire who transfered from ND still can't start :laugh: for the Gators no less. They went with some other guy over him.

Zaire was never really that good. He had a few flash in the pan games for ND but overall his career has been mediocre.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Ohio State should come out guns a blazin tonight against Indiana. That beatdown by Clemson has to leave a bad taste and their new OC Kevin Wilson was unceremoniously released by IU earlier this year. You know he's going to try to put up some points.

What's everyone's CFP?
1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Stanford

I like to be different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad