NFL GDT: Week 1 - Monday Night Football Edition (Part 3)

Sep 19, 2008
I think Helfrich and Nagy will mold Trubisky into a competent QB. It just takes time. He is being mentored by some pretty good offensive minds. He is also one of the most youngest QB's to play the game. He came into the draft so young so I'd stress patience with the lad.

This is from someone who was wary of him at the start due to that very age issue. Sheerly because of his youth you gotta give him at least 3 years instead of 2.

All I see on message boards are posts that are negative and critical of Trubisky. It's one game. I drafted him on fantasy for a reason, because I believe in him and his coaches to make him succeed.

Reactions: VickAshley

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I think Helfrich and Nagy will mold Trubisky into a competent QB. It just takes time. He is being mentored by some pretty good offensive minds. He is also one of the most youngest QB's to play the game. He came into the draft so young so I'd stress patience with the lad.

This is from someone who was wary of him at the start due to that very age issue. Sheerly because of his youth you gotta give him at least 3 years instead of 2.
Gosh I hope so but I really can't trust those mole-eyes and he is so quick to get "pouty" when he over-throws his guy. He doesn't appear to seem to have what I call "the Warrior Spirit"

Rodgers has it

Brady has it

Ryan Pace traded up to get one of those types of guys and he just doesn't have it (yet)

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Most QB’s make their jump between years 1 and 2. If it’s year 2 and you’re too scared to let him throw and want to bench him then the game’s up. We just saw this with Goff and Wentz. By the end of this season, you should be expecting a finished product regardless of whatever reasons there are for not already being there right now.

That's why I think you have to let him play through his mistakes. He started 13 games in college. Compare that to other first round QB's.

Sep 19, 2008
Gosh I hope so but I really can't trust those mole-eyes and he is so quick to get "pouty" when he over-throws his guy. He doesn't appear to seem to have what I call "the Warrior Spirit"

Rodgers has it

Brady has it

Ryan Pace traded up to get one of those types of guys and he just doesn't have it (yet)

Wow he is 24 years old

I imagined him younger than that

Well still the point stands we should be PATIENT with him. He has the weapons needed to succeed and I was impressed by what I saw from him in the first half. I fell asleep during the second half and missed it all. But from the first half he showed potential. Everyone said Goff was a failure too after one year and he showed everyone wrong. He can still rebound and save his good name.

As Gene says maybe it's less about the age and more about the experience. 13 games isn't a lot. He needs more time to learn. He can be better and he showed promise yesterday.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Wow he is 24 years old

I imagined him younger than that

Well still the point stands we should be PATIENT with him. He has the weapons needed to succeed and I was impressed by what I saw from him in the first half. I fell asleep during the second half and missed it all. But from the first half he showed potential. Everyone said Goff was a failure too after one year and he showed everyone wrong. He can still rebound and save his good name.
He was actually pretty good looking for halve of the first two quarters, seriously. I'll give credit where credit is due to be credited but the 3rd and 4th quarters he looked like complete and udder dog ****.

Sep 19, 2008
Because he has to go through trial by fire, and there aren't exactly any better options on the team too. Sure, they may lose, but he'll be gaining experience.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Me too but they didn't let him play in preseason hardly at all so why save all of those mistakes for the games that actually matter?
That is odd that they did not get him more Pre season action. He needed the reps.

He RS as a freshman, was a back up for the next 2 years and started as a RS JR. he’s started a total of 25 games since high school. Darnold is 21 and started that many since high school. All at college of course.

Bears have no other option but to play and develop the guy. Not winning a championship with Daniels. Can’t be worried about Trubisky costing the team games. Have to develop him. Whatever picks they owe the raiders they owe, be it 8th OA to 16th OA, it doesn’t matter.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It'll be interesting to see how the Bears defense fares in week 2.

Seattle has a supremely capable QB in Russell Wilson..... but he isn't Rodgers.

And they got wrecked by a great defensive player as well- Von Miller's 3 sacks.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
It'll be interesting to see how the Bears defense fares in week 2.

Seattle has a supremely capable QB in Russell Wilson..... but he isn't Rodgers.

And they got wrecked by a great defensive player as well- Von Miller's 3 sacks.

Seattle has a terrible Oline but Wilson is good at running around and making something out of nothing so we'll see. Hopefully there won't be another Nagy collapse.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018

Rodgers has it

Brady has it

Oddly enough Pace could have had one of those guys who gets it in either Watson or Mahomes but he picked the guy who looks (and throw) like a deformed teddy bear instead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's why I think you have to let him play through his mistakes. He started 13 games in college. Compare that to other first round QB's.
Also, if you're a coach, you can't be messing around with protecting him with kid gloves in Year 3 if you don't let him loose in Year 2. You won't see Year 4, because we've seen enough 2-year turnarounds.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Saints loss is terrible. In such a competitive NFC where homefield will probably determine the Super Bowl representative, you cant lose at home to Bucs with Fitzpatrick.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL?!

The openings are not as great as they once were. Openings like this got you fired up.

Reactions: HisIceness

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Saints loss is terrible. In such a competitive NFC where homefield will probably determine the Super Bowl representative, you cant lose at home to Bucs with Fitzpatrick.

See it's contract year Fitzpatrick. Everyone (including the team dumb enough to extend him for big money) is always fooled by contract year Fitzpatrick.

Teams need to make sure he's always in a contract year. If he was, he'd be the greatest QB in NFL history. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The two QB's drafted after Trubisky that our GM did not want have already shown far more potential in limited play then Trubisky

That is major red flag and further damning indictment against Mitch and Bears

I'm very excited to see how he does Week 2 I hope my friends @VickAshley and @tonyhawks77 and @RayP and @iGetThatBread and @Dont Toews Me Bro can enjoy a good Bears QB in their lifetime

They saw a good QB , his name was Jay Cutler

Just some of them never liked him because he wasn't Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning which were absurd standards to begin with and they didn't like him because he struggled vs Packers or they simply didn't like him because he wasn't some positive smiling media darling

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The two QB's drafted after Trubisky that our GM did not want have already shown far more potential in limited play then Trubisky

That is major red flag and further damning indictment against Mitch and Bears

They saw a good QB , his name was Jay Cutler

Just some of them never liked him because he wasn't Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning which were absurd standards to begin with and they didn't like him because he struggled vs Packers or they simply didn't like him because he wasn't some positive smiling media darling

[Citation needed]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad