NFL GDT: Week 1 - Monday Night Football Edition (Part 3)

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Continue here!

Let's stop trying to fire coaches and bench starting QBs after Week 1, please.

upload_2018-9-10_13-4-19.png

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Continue here!

I literally never said Fire Nagy on the score this morning I just said let Trubursky sit and learn from the vet they brought in because Daniels literally knows the actual Nagy offence like the backside of his hands. Let the young buck watch and learn how to maintain a lead and actually score a passing TD in the national football league F*S!!!

Reactions: HFBCommenter

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Continue here!

I will never understand why they put games on after 9 pm CST like anyone who isn't unemployed can literally stay up all night on a week-night watching football, most people have stuff to do the next day unless they are homeless and even those guys gotta get up to be the early-bird on their blocks and get the primetime spots for getting spare change. I will probably watch it just to see the Raiders get absolutely positively unadulteratedly DESTROYED but that's just too much comedy to be missing, plus I parlayed a lot of my money made yesterday into tonights games.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
PS Public Service Announcement:

If you are a Trump supporter and anti-protest against police violence you can still order pizza from Papa Johns using promo code Highscore to get halve-offed pizza pies for MONDAY NITE football!!!

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I literally never said Fire Nagy on the score this morning I just said let Trubursky sit and learn from the vet they brought in because Daniels literally knows the actual Nagy offence like the backside of his hands. Let the young buck watch and learn how to maintain a lead and actually score a passing TD in the national football league F*S!!!

Chase Daniel is terrible that's why. Trubisky didn't make the choice to go vanilla last night, Nagy did. The Bears offense was good until the script ran dry. The key is Nagy has to find a way to keep the offense going once the scripted plays and formations have been used. Trubisky is still extremely green and sitting isn't going to help that. He needs to play.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Chase Daniel is terrible that's why. Trubisky didn't make the choice to go vanilla last night, Nagy did. The Bears offense was good until the script ran dry. The key is Nagy has to find a way to keep the offense going once the scripted plays and formations have been used. Trubisky is still extremely green and sitting isn't going to help that. He needs to play.
If he needs to play then they need to let him, not have him out there scared to throw the ball and get intercepted. Sit him on the bench while learns the actual Xs and Ohs and gets the playbook down, it's not like having him out there looking like an ignoramus is going to help him and his lack of confidence! You play the players that will actually win the games and if they had put Daniels in for the 4th quarter the Bears win that one easily peasily.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I never really noticed it prior to people tweeting about it but does Trubisky have an issue throwing to his left? He only completed one pass past the LOS to the left side of the field yesterday and his numbers throwing to that side were awful last season.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
If he needs to play then they need to let him, not have him out there scared to throw the ball and get intercepted. Sit him on the bench while learns the actual Xs and Ohs and gets the playbook down, it's not like having him out there looking like an ignoramus is going to help him and his lack of confidence! You play the players that will actually win the games and if they had put Daniels in for the 4th quarter the Bears win that one easily peasily.

Way to not understand anything.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Way to not understand anything.
What the heck is there that's so hard to understand about a project QB who according to the HC didn't need preseason snaps, obviously not being ready to take an NFL field when the games matter? He literally looked like a lost pupper out there. The only reason Daniels isn't starting is because Cody Wheelchair would snap the ball right over his head.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trubisky is in year 2. If he can’t play then he isn’t the guy.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
What the heck is there that's so hard to understand about a project QB who according to the HC didn't need preseason snaps, obviously not being ready to take an NFL field when the games matter? He literally looked like a lost pupper out there. The only reason Daniels isn't starting is because Cody Wheelchair would snap the ball right over his head.

Exactly you imbecile. He is a PROJECT QB... which will take more than one game in a new scheme to become comfortable with the offense in a real game situation.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Trubisky is in year 2. If he can’t play then he isn’t the guy.
Most people are trying to say he's only in Year One because they didn't even let him throw the ball last season and he was not even supposed to start, but hey, let's have him try to learn one of the most complex offences in the NFL in one offseason and bench him for the 3rd preseason dress rehearsal, am I right????

LOL if they keep playing him at least they will know he's a bust before the year is out if they indeed do think he's "ready."

(he literally AINT ready)

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I never really noticed it prior to people tweeting about it but does Trubisky have an issue throwing to his left? He only completed one pass past the LOS to the left side of the field yesterday and his numbers throwing to that side were awful last season.

Yes he does. Its a mechanic issue. A few people noticed it last year. A right handed QB throwing to the left requires precise and consistent footwork. Sometimes his base is too narrow, sometimes he doesn't step and the ball sails. This sounds minor but its a big issue.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Yes he does. Its a mechanic issue. A few people noticed it last year. A right handed QB throwing to the left requires precise and consistent footwork. Sometimes his base is too narrow, sometimes he doesn't step and the ball sails. This sounds minor but its a big issue.
It literally cuts off halve of the field, a field he shouldn't be out on until he gets this offence and this huge "throwing anywhere other then right or straight-forward" problem settled.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Most people are trying to say he's only in Year One because they didn't even let him throw the ball last season and he was not even supposed to start, but hey, let's have him try to learn one of the most complex offences in the NFL in one offseason and bench him for the 3rd preseason dress rehearsal, am I right????

LOL if they keep playing him at least they will know he's a bust before the year is out if they indeed do think he's "ready."

(he literally AINT ready)

Most QB’s make their jump between years 1 and 2. If it’s year 2 and you’re too scared to let him throw and want to bench him then the game’s up. We just saw this with Goff and Wentz. By the end of this season, you should be expecting a finished product regardless of whatever reasons there are for not already being there right now.

Reactions: VickAshley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->