NFL GDT: Week 1: Are you Ready for Some Football?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH
8:20
FALCONS AT EAGLES

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH
1:00
BILLS AT RAVENS
JAGUARS AT GIANTS
BUCCANEERS AT SAINTS
TEXANS AT PATRIOTS
49ERS AT VIKINGS
TITANS AT DOLPHINS
BENGALS AT COLTS
STEELERS AT BROWNS

4:05
CHIEFS AT CHARGERS

4:25
SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS
COWBOYS AT PANTHERS
REDSKINS AT CARDINALS

8:20
BEARS AT PACKERS

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
7:10
JETS AT LIONS
10:20
RAMS AT RAIDERS

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Gotta say I like the timing of the Mack trade for the Rams. Should make Goff and Gurley's days just a little easier.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
This one's stickied.

What do people think of the Bengals/Colts match-up? Either of those teams going to be in the race at any point, or just fodder for the rest of the AFC?

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
There's exactly one game thread.

EDIT: Oh, I guess some ignored posters made some. God this place goes to **** every year right around the start. Hopefully these people lose interest or inevitably do something to get themselves banned.

Listen just because you are a Packers fan and I'm a Bears fan doensn't mean we can't literally have a blast talking Xs and Ohs. Bear Down!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This one's stickied.

What do people think of the Bengals/Colts match-up? Either of those teams going to be in the race at any point, or just fodder for the rest of the AFC?

The only thing that's keeping it from the least interesting matchup of the week is Titans/Dolphins. I would've added Bills/Ravens to that but there's a chance that Peterman throws 5 picks in a half again.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
There's exactly one game thread.

EDIT: Oh, I guess some ignored posters made some. God this place goes to **** every year right around the start. Hopefully these people lose interest or inevitably do something to get themselves banned.
The first anthem kneel of the year might thin the heard a bit.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough matchup for the Pats to start against the Texans. At least it's at home.

Not sure they'll have an answer for Watson but I'm hoping the defense will be better this year.

Also worried about the Texans getting to Brady. Hopefully he can stay off the turf most of the game.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
As for the other games...

How is Luck going to look?

I'm still not sold on the Jags being for real, so I'm curious to see how they look.

Big test for Jimmy on the road against the Vikes. How will Cousins look...

And the new look Browns against the Steelers could be good.

Sunday nighter should be a good one.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So this is the official Week 1 GD Thread then? I'll say in this thread what I said in the other thread:

I'm really curious to see what the 49ers look like. I don't expect them to win, but if they can go into Minnesota and steal week 1, that would be a huge confidence boost.

As for other games, you have your big interest games from many people, but I wonder what game people don't care about will come down to the wire. At the noon PST hour, Scott Hanson on Red Zone always says welcome to the most dramatic hour in reality TV and it really is true. That final hour of the early games is always fun and you can get so many dramatic endings. I look at the schedule and I'm going to say Titans and Dolphins is the key candidate for such a game. I have Miami winning in an upset of the week, but It just feels like this kind of game can be fun.

I also hope Cleveland comes out and actually becomes an actual football team. I would love to see them pull off the upset against a team without their best running back, but I want to see if Cleveland comes as advertised. What was it they said, they had the best defense in the league? I doubt that, but They should be improved.

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
This one's stickied.

As a Colts fan, I'm not overly confident. I dunno how we're gunna get to Dalton, tbh.

Andy, like most QB's, is actually pretty good with time , but when facing pressure he's pretty terrible. We went back to a Tampa 2 (or a derivative) , and without pressure , we're sitting ducks.

Not sure how we'll run the ball on that D-line , either.

Hate to say it, but unless Luck (somehow) puts on the cape, I can't see us winning this one.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Kinda ironic that the Bills open at Baltimore for it was the Ravens that indirectly led to Buffalo's playoff drought ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->