best

• Weegar

• Toews

• Pulock

Results are only viewable after voting.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
3 of the more underrated defensemen in the league but I don't think Pulock contributes enough on the offensive end to be in the conversation with Weegar and Toews this season. He has only 1 goal (which came in OT) and 14 assists for a total of 15 points despite getting over 100 minutes of power play time this season. Funny enough, despite the power play time, he has only 1 point at 5 on 4.

Weegar leads the NHL in even strength + shorthanded points. He's up 6 points on Toews and 14 on Pulock despite getting 0 power play time while the other two both have 2 minutes a game of power play time.

On the defensive end, Weegar ranks 5th among defensemen in relative Corsi against per 60, Toews is 24th, Pulock is 32nd. If you prefer relative xG against per 60: Weegar ranks 8th, Pulock 21st, and Toews 22nd.

Not sure there is an argument here for anyone other than Weegar.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Its either Weegar or Toews. Went with Toews but wouldn't blame anyone for taking Weegar. I really don't know how Pulock is currently winning this, he is a good defenseman but he is behind Toews/Weegar who are 2 of the most underrated defensemen out there.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Arguably the three best shutdown D in the league.

I went with Pulock for added benefit of being able to shoot like 300 MPH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad