Wednesday's QF Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Awesome, I can catch USA/Finland and Canada/Russia provided I don't get asked in for a meeting by anyone (knock on wood).

What I Want to Happen:

Finland 2 vs. United States 4
Switzerland 3 vs. Sweden 1
Russia 2 vs. Canada 1
Slovakia 3 vs. Czech Republic 2

What I Predict to Happen:

Finland 1 vs. United States 2
Switzerland 1 vs. Sweden 5
Russia 4 vs. Canada 3
Slovakia 2 vs. Czech Republic 4

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why are they overlapping games? This is terrible. No wonder people have been upset with the Olympics. The NHL stopped so that they can try and give proper exposure...so what does the IOC do? Overlap the games, so that I can only see one and I can't even tape the other game if I wanted to (and even so I'd still know the result) Is this supposed to be a penalty for the lockout, because in 2002, they had a game at 12, 3, 6 and 9...

Terrible :shakehead

If I were Gary Bettman I would be sending whoever made the schedule some hate mail.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Why are they overlapping games? This is terrible. No wonder people have been upset with the Olympics. The NHL stopped so that they can try and give proper exposure...so what does the IOC do? Overlap the games. Is this supposed to be a penalty for the lockout, because in 2002, they had a game at 12, 3, 6 and 9...

Terrible :shakehead
What does the figure skating schedule look like? I assume the same arena(s) are used for that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mr Brownstone said:
What does the figure skating schedule look like? I assume the same arena(s) are used for that.

They're not. The ice would have to be melted so they could remove the blue and red lines. And done at the same time.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Check the times guys (and gals)

http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/IH/X05_20060222.html

Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 31
( SUI - SWE ) 16:35 Torino Esposizioni
Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 32
( FIN - USA ) 17:35 Palasport Olimpico
Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 33
( RUS - CAN ) 20:35 Torino Esposizioni
Men's Play-offs Quarterfinals - Game 34
( SVK - CZE ) 21:35 Palasport Olimpico

EST is -6hrs from the times displayed.

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
They're not. The ice would have to be melted so they could remove the blue and red lines. And done at the same time.
Yeah, I thought of that after the fact. I don't see why they can't alternate rinks and play at 12 and 6 at one and 3 and 9 at the other. It makes a hell of a lot more sense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mr Brownstone said:
I'm having a lot of trouble accessing the NBC TV listings page (damn IE). Is this USA-FIN game live at 11:30 on USA Network?

no it's 10:30 on msnbc

habitue*

I just hope the Swedish team will sweat bullets against the Swiss. Swedes deserve to loose after that "performance" against Slovakia.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Jazz said:
So those of us in Canada will NOT get to see the Slovakia-Czech game...b/c TSN has to show the first round of Golf... :madfire:

The CBC said tonight they will join the Czech-Slovak game in progress after the Can-Russia game.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Why are they overlapping games? This is terrible.
I agree it totally sucks and in the quarterfinals is totally unecessary. It also sucks that I can't figure out the horrible schedule grid-thing on the NBC site. I could swear it says one of the games is at 8AM, and that is totally wrong.

If anyone figures out what is on at what time on what channels in the US please enlighten me. :)

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Is the Canada-Russia game on MSNBC or USA station- I can't figure it out from the Olympic NBC site. I assume it is on MSNBC which has carried all the other Canadian games- at least that is what I am setting on my tv to tape it. Better be right- if anyone sees it differently please respond- thanks.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
This is what I figured out. Most games have a half hour pregame show scheduled.

all times EST

10:30 - MSNBC - Sweden vs. Switzerland
11:30 - USA - US vs. Finland (also in HD)
2:30 - MSNBC - Russia vs. Canada
3:30 - USA - Czech Rep. vs. Slovakia (also in HD)

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Sotnos said:
This is what I figured out. Most games have a half hour pregame show scheduled.

all times EST

10:30 - MSNBC - Sweden vs. Switzerland
11:30 - USA - US vs. Finland (also in HD)
2:30 - MSNBC - Russia vs. Canada
3:30 - USA - Czech Rep. vs. Slovakia (also in HD)

Thanks Satnos- would be SO much easier if everything was all on one station!!!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
The Albino said:
I usually don't like making predictions, so I'll just go with an enormous cop-out.

My brains says:
Finland
Russia
Czech Republic
Sweden

My heart says:
Finland
Canada
Slovakia
Switzerland

My gut says:
USA
Canada
Czech Republic
Switzerland

Everybody wins!

Hey! My brain was 4-0!
Gut and heart both awful 1-3.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Brain good

My picks in Semifinals:

Russia over Finland: Finns better bring A game, or they go home for sure. Russia getting excellent goaltending and playing smart game.

Czech over Sweden: Even game, Czechs look crisper to me against good teams (Finland, Canada, Slovakia), while Sweden mostly untested this tournament, but Forsberg is back and rested, so it may come down to goaltending. Lundquist has been solid, if unspectacular. His counterpart is no slouch, allowing 1 goal in 5 periods against Canada and Slovakia. The pressure will be on Sweden to get the Czech moneky off their back.

Russia-Czech would be a great final, a rematch of many great past games, and they both put on a clinic when they are that their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad