Pre-Game Talk: Wednesday practice lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Baertschi and Virtanen are fine together but I'd like to give Gaudette the chance over Sutter to do something with them. I'd switch Roussel with Baertschi for sure but maybe just swap the whole 2nd and 3rd lines so it doesn't really matter.

I would rather do is not have this roster at all though

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
People getting hung up on the lines, should look at the roster. How can you fault Green when he's been given a shit pile by management. Might as well try some shit and hope you find something. BEst case you get a Burrows with the Sedins, worst case, you change them mid game. Who the hell cares.

Reactions: MajinBo

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Funny how last year, this fanbase would be rejoicing at having a healthy Horvat and Boeser...This season, any lineup with Pettersson not in it ,is viewed with the same enthusiasm as a can of dog food.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Persinally I will switch Roussel and Baertschi, but I can live with Green’s decision on this.
Also Eriksson on the 4th line...is this real life ??
But then, Green probably mix it up alright away

If we score a goal..I will be surprised..
Greens line up juggling is bad..I think this team needs to start looking for other options...Goldobin and Baertschi are just not good enough wingers...Goldy has been on Greens short leach also.And Baertschi is a hit away from the glue factory..no pun intended..Grandlund Sutter Rousell Beagle..are all 4th liners..Jake needs to be stuck to the second line if not get rid of him because we will never get more outta him being stuck to the 3rd line..
If this team is serious about wanting a playoff spot...they better start making some changes fast.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If we score a goal..I will be surprised..
Greens line up juggling is bad..I think this team needs to start looking for other options...Goldobin and Baertschi are just not good enough wingers...Goldy has been on Greens short leach also.And Baertschi is a hit away from the glue factory..no pun intended..Grandlund Sutter Rousell Beagle..are all 4th liners..Jake needs to be stuck to the second line if not get rid of him because we will never get more outta him being stuck to the 3rd line..
If this team is serious about wanting a playoff spot...they better start making some changes fast.
Disagree with the Virtanen part, he’s a perfect 3rd line guy at this point at this is probably his peak. Trading him away likely won’t get you a fair return.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Funny how last year, this fanbase would be rejoicing at having a healthy Horvat and Boeser...This season, any lineup with Pettersson not in it ,is viewed with the same enthusiasm as a can of dog food.

Last year we still had the Sedins though, even broken down and old Sedins give you a consistent scoring threat along with Bo and Brock...

EP is our new Sedins, our only other consistent threat.

Unfortunately it is what it is. Aside from EP, Bo and Brock there is no consistent scoring depth. Hopefully the other young guys can step up.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
There's no sense of spreading the offense with this lineup. No one can carry a line other than Pettersson. I'd say load up the top line.
Exactly. Horvat was for a while but hes either exhausted or playing injured. Not himself lately after carrying two 4th liners for the first 35 games

Reactions: Westcoastsniper

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly. Horvat was for a while but hes either exhausted or playing injured. Not himself lately after carrying two 4th liners for the first 35 games
He was injured in the warmup...against the Flames..so he hasn't been himself for a couple of weeks now (but looked better against the Leafs..I thought).

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Because Pettersson allowed us to have a taste of the world's finest caviar when he played his first game.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Scratch Eriksson, send Schaller to AHL/waivers bring up Jasek or Gaunce to play the wing. Send a message management.
Schaller and Granlund should be traced and/or waived. Gaunce is way better in a bottom 6 and PK role than both of those guys. Pisses me off when I see Granlund floating and not getting benched for that shit.

Goldobin Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Gaudette Boeser
Gaunce Sutter Roussel
Motte Beagle Eriksson

Cheaper and more effective. Ya dont say.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Schaller and Granlund should be traced and/or waived. Gaunce is way better in a bottom 6 and PK role than both of those guys. Pisses me off when I see Granlund floating and not getting benched for that ****.

Goldobin Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Gaudette Boeser
Gaunce Sutter Roussel
Motte Beagle Eriksson

Cheaper and more effective. Ya dont say.
In the words of the soup nazi from Seinfeld, Granlund, Schaller, Eriksson, "No soup for you"

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Persinally I will switch Roussel and Baertschi, but I can live with Green’s decision on this.
Also Eriksson on the 4th line...is this real life ??
But then, Green probably mix it up alright away

2nd & 4th line appear to be the checking lines. 1st line to provide the offence with the 3rd hopefully chipping in. Not too bad, he doesn’t have much to work with. Lines will likely be shuffled anyways.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Take a top player out of the lineup and see what the lines look like should be an exercise you do when appraising a team. In this case it's "Yikes".

True but not many teams have 3 quality top 6 calibre Cs. Take Scheifelle out of the lineup and Little is #1 and Lowry is #2.

The Canucks obviously need more scoring depth on the wings as well as a guy who can slide into a top 6 C role if needed (hopefully that can be Gaudette).

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
True but not many teams have 3 quality top 6 calibre Cs. Take Scheifelle out of the lineup and Little is #1 and Lowry is #2.

The Canucks obviously need more scoring depth on the wings as well as a guy who can slide into a top 6 C role if needed (hopefully that can be Gaudette).

I think you said exactly what I see. The wings are weak. They have no one that can actually slide up the lineup for a bit (same goes on the blueline). And it really tells you how much Pettersson is covering up. I think on the Jets that Perrault can play center and may be a better option for them.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So this is our stand in for a GDT thread?

I'm very concerned at our team depth. Where is Gagner? Why are Schaller and Granlund getting promoted? We look sad without Pettersson.

At least Boeser is starting at Horvat's side.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So this is our stand in for a GDT thread?

I'm very concerned at our team depth. Where is Gagner? Why are Schaller and Granlund getting promoted? We look sad without Pettersson.

At least Boeser is starting at Horvat's side.
Ill make one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad