Post-Game Talk: Wed., Nov. 13, 2013|Flyers 2 at Penguins 1

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Btw, that game was the exact reason why Couturier should be untouchable. He was the most important player on the ice for either team.

When he was being double shifted to literally man-mark Crosby one shift then Malkin the second... pretty impressive.

Made them both look stupid as well when he was out vs them... Crosby with the treble dive and Malkin trying to be big and tough and just getting laughed at.

SgtJoseph*

That is why Emery started this game.

I agree...........Ray was what ? 18 and 1 last year ? Our goalies have been fine this year and our D is not near as bad as many on here seem to think......We just do not score many goals for the most part.

Punn

Sep 24, 2011
Brampton, ON
Anyone who says Downie should have their head examined.

The answer is Voracek

Hm...I wonder why his minutes were so limited...I'm wondering when Downie gets a grove going he gets moved to the top line possibly to balance offence? Voraceks PP minutes were also limited tonight? Maybe I'm looking to much into it:sarcasm:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If this team walked on water you'd say it was because they couldn't swim.

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. That's the second post in this PGT trying to antagonize me when I've done nothing to bring it about.

If you're suggesting I'm overly negative, all I've done is say I'm being cautious with this team and that Giroux has been poor defensively this season as well as on a points tear.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Something else to consider why Emery played, in addition to the back-to-back games, was the Flyers don't play again until the 19th after Friday's game. If Mason played these two and then Emery in Winnipeg, that would be close to a week without any games for Mason. That could have been a factor, too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hm...I wonder why his minutes were so limited...I'm wondering when Downie gets a grove going he gets moved to the top line possibly to balance offence? His PP minutes were also limited tonight? Maybe I'm looking to much into it:sarcasm:

He's on a line with Couturier & Read (our best defender's) so he's going to draw the tough matchup's especially against teams like Pittsburgh.

Couturier hasn't really done much offensively this year so far neither. Downie should still get his share of points though but I would go with Voracek easily over him.

SgtJoseph*

Yeah, I don't mind that Couturier's not scoring goals if he keeps playing such an integral shut down role.

But MANY on here say that Lavi ruined Coots for taking advantage of his shut down style of play ? Go Figure .His goals will come in spurts which is fine .

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It's very good that Lecavalier is coming around on the dot. Was horrible to start the season with it to the point where he was put to wing. His face-off ability was the thing I was most excited about.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This is the type of game where I feel Pittsburgh really misses Jordan Staal. Gives them a third line threat beyond just Crosby and Malkin and then better overall defensive ability over the likes of Sutter.

Very happy that trade is bad for them right now. Not that great for the Canes either at the moment, but still.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But MANY on here say that Lavi ruined Coots for taking advantage of his shut down style of play ? Go Figure .His goals will come in spurts which is fine .

Lavi WAS ruining Couturier. His offensive confidence was non-existent. He has been improving under Berube.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Thanks to the stupid 8pm start time I had to put my daughter to bed during the last half of the 3rd. I'm so happy to come back and confirm the win!

After a rough start I thought Emery and Coburn turn in very good games. Heck the whole team was solid tonight. Thanks to the tears of Pens fans that was my favorite win so far this season.

MadFerIt95*

Last year when we beat the Penguins, we came out and played horribly against the worst team in the league, it was on a back to back but still, I have always thought this team cares too much about beating the Penguins, and comes out flat against others..... have to eliminate that trend. But good victory tonight! We didnt dominate the whole game, but thats because the Penguins are a better team than us. idn't let them walk all over us like the last time we played. A much better effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad