Post-Game Talk: Wed., Nov. 13, 2013|Flyers 2 at Penguins 1

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Doubt it. Couturier is an elite defensive player and it looks like berube knows it. Nothing wrong with those toi totals.

This game shows why couturier is such an integral part of this teams core. He's a big game player

Yeah, pretty much. Aside from that Couturier put forth a noticeably great effort tonight while Giroux...not so much.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I wonder how many people think Coburn has turned the corner? I think playing with Kimmo again has really helped him out. Probably proves that Coburn can't lead a pairing and needs a partner that can do that.

Couturier! Really wish he could get his offense going along with that defense. Could be a 2-way stud in the making.

To think the team was one Grossmann brain crap away from another shutout! I'll take it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yeah, pretty much. Aside from that Couturier put forth a noticeably great effort tonight while Giroux...not so much.

which is why there is something wrong with him. Giroux looked physically overmatched all game. No time no space weak everywhere. He doesnt look as fast as he use to.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Pittsburgh: 4-6-0 in the last 10
Philadelphia: 6-3-1 in the last 10

Funny how that works out considering the start of things.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
shooter.gif

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
Good : kimmo, cobourn
Bad: Crosby's dives
Ugly : malkin's face

LOL here I am having a beer with the old man and I spit it all over myself after reading the "Ugly"
Thank you for that.

on a side note, not a perfect effort but this team continues to shut it down in their own zone. The goals will come, didn't expect much offence on back to back nights.
Go Flyers Go

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
which is why there is something wrong with him. Giroux looked physically overmatched all game. No time no space weak everywhere. He doesnt look as fast as he use to.

If you mean physically wrong, I doubt it. He was putting up points prior to this for a stretch since Berube took over and everything he did looked lackadaisical this game. Plus Giroux hasn't been good defensively this season as a whole.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Btw, that game was the exact reason why Couturier should be untouchable. He was the most important player on the ice for either team.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
i loved when Couts and Streit shoved those sticks into malkin and the other guys faces tottaly worth it

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
If you mean physically wrong, I doubt it. He was putting up points prior to this for a stretch since Berube took over and everything he did looked lackadaisical this game. Plus Giroux hasn't been good defensively this season as a whole.

If this team walked on water you'd say it was because they couldn't swim.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Btw, that game was the exact reason why Couturier should be untouchable. He was the most important player on the ice for either team.

Personally, I think I forget how important Couts is until games against the Pens. The guy was dominant and was out in every key situation.

I wish he would pot a few, but I'm pumped with his performance this evening.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Nice to beat the Pens, we are lucky they miss the net as often as we do.

B Schenn is no longer my whipping boy but Streit is now on my list, too many turn overs this game and horrible on the PP tonight

Good game by Emery, he stole this game for us

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Couturier is an absolute monster defensively.

The points WILL come with him too.

Good: Emery, Schenn, Timonen, Coburn, Couturier, BERUBE

Bad: Nothing really

Ugly: Again nothing

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If Couturier could develop offensively he'd easily be our best two-way presence along with Read. The latter of which is my favorite player on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad