Weber's curve shot goal

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's like that Jonathan Quick jedi mind trick play from a few years ago. The edge of the puck hit the ice and gained some traction, causing the puck to start moving along the line of the edge, instead of its original trajectory. It's definitely neat, but likely not something that Weber could do again if he tried.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That was pretty cool, seemed like tried for that too when he noticed the puck rolling towards him.

It does look like he tried to do it the way he sets up to shoot, but I can't imagine he could do that on purpose :laugh:

When I saw it live last night, I said I've never seen a shot like that before.

Reactions: authentic

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It's pretty clear in the video that the puck actually slides on its side surface, it's rolling like a wheel that takes a very slight turn. It touches the ice almost the whole time. Am I the only one seeing this?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Chill - he was going for the stick of the Habs player crashing the net. That wasn't planned.

I'm chill bro. You? Also I meant it seemed like he tried to put the spin on it with the way he shot it. Seemed being the key word here.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's pretty clear in the video that the puck actually slides on its side surface, it's rolling like a wheel that takes a very slight turn. It touches the ice almost the whole time. Am I the only one seeing this?

Yeah I thought it seemed like Weber meant to shoot it like he did because he saw it rolling like that.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
All my shots were like that when I was six. Crazy rollers was all I could shoot. Also fell on my face every time. That was tough.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Pretty crazy shot, you'd probably be hard pressed to generate a curved shot like that with the puck going at any type of significant velocity.....as the puck is clearly rolling on the side for most of its trip to the net. Haven't seen an angle of a shot like that ever, and I've been watching hockey a long time (though to be fair, social media has made it so much easier to get access to better replays/angles).

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

No, you’re not the only one.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

i think that's a rough estimate of the physics going on here. looks like it knuckles then catches an edge which imparts a ton of rotational speed onto the puck, maybe it even carried the rotation from the faceoff. minute amount of friction on that left edge of the puck so it pulls in that direction and the gyroscopic effect helps it

but i dropped out of college so what do i know

Reactions: Pochiro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad