OT: Weather

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If I lived in a furnace I would have air conditioning and suffer through it.

But more likely if at all possible I would move away from the furnace to a more temperate climate.

Edmonton had about one 30C day this year. In May strangely enough. There were hardly any days in which the temp stayed high overnight or that it was still warm in the morning. That just wasn't happening. Pretty easy summer.

not even the local kids that like to roam around all night doing vandalism or whatever were practicing their craft. It was too cold. Not one night all summer with any shenanigans occurring. Best summer for limiting that.. Usually August is crazy time with some kids bored and looking for some trouble late at night. Not a whisper of petty crime and vandalism this summer.
Sorry bud, we've had 4 bikes stolen from our property so far this year. That's the bad news. The good news is that we don't have anymore for them to steal. I used to love riding my bike, but I'm not getting another one for them to take anytime soon, so I'll likely just wait till next spring and pick one up at the police auction. With any luck, I can buy back my former bike for a few hundred dollars.

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
It's not so bad here, minus 15 to 18 all week. It seems in canada you have one week where it is brutally cold per year. Perfect hockey weather.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
This week is a write off weather wise. By the 20th, it should be close to average, then by the 25th, above zero.

Red Deer's in a weird spot. It can be several degrees warmer in Edmonton and Calgary than here.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Only one more week of this? Ez.

Saw a girl wearing capri pants with ballet slippers on the weekend.

Those bertan girls I tell ya.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Only one more week of this? Ez.

Saw a girl wearing capri pants with ballet slippers on the weekend.

Those bertan girls I tell ya.
Cowboys girls outside of the 'Dome after the game were in Stampede tight shirts and skirts handing out 'no cover' entry sheets. I think it was -36/-37 with windchill.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Fun morning 7 am off to work only to have my front tire blow on me while I'm on the Henday. If my dad wasn't able to come help me I would have been f***ed AMA told me it would take 24 f***ing hours to get a flatbed to me because of all the calls they had received already. Open up my trunk only to find my spare is f***ing frozaen in place and had to go to Canadian tire just to get a crowbar and small sledge hammer to f***ing jarr the f***er lose and than spend 20 minutes jacking it up and changing it in minus 30 f***ing weather.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Fun morning 7 am off to work only to have my front tire blow on me while I'm on the Henday. If my dad wasn't able to come help me I would have been ****ed AMA told me it would take 24 ****ing hours to get a flatbed to me because of all the calls they had received already. Open up my trunk only to find my spare is ****ing frozaen in place and had to go to Canadian tire just to get a crowbar and small sledge hammer to ****ing jarr the ****er lose and than spend 20 minutes jacking it up and changing it in minus 30 ****ing weather.

The thought of this happening to me makes me want to move far away from here.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Fun morning 7 am off to work only to have my front tire blow on me while I'm on the Henday. If my dad wasn't able to come help me I would have been ****ed AMA told me it would take 24 ****ing hours to get a flatbed to me because of all the calls they had received already. Open up my trunk only to find my spare is ****ing frozaen in place and had to go to Canadian tire just to get a crowbar and small sledge hammer to ****ing jarr the ****er lose and than spend 20 minutes jacking it up and changing it in minus 30 ****ing weather.

That SUCKS. This is why I don't have AMA, anytime that I would need to use it there's a huge waitlist. Last year my wife went in the ditch going to work and AMA was a 4 hour wait. So I went out there with my small car, bag of sand, and shovel and managed to get her out. It was probably only -15.. I could not even imaging having to do all that with the weather this week. I'm even thinking about calling in sick to my office job tomorrow lol.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Bundle up everyone... it was -50 with the windchill up here last night and tonight isn't a lot better... -39 windchill currently and dropping.

Don't take any chances and if you have to go out... definitely tell someone where you are going and drive slower as it's icy out there as well. You don't want to get stuck somewhere or slip off the road in this weather.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We could be the coldest place on earth at some point this week. Fun times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->