Speculation: Weaponizing Cap Space

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Vegas needs to clear a **** load of cap space Jim for **** sake.

You can give a 7th to get an actual player. No 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th required here. In fact you might get another high pick you hate to grab.

Who are the likely candidates Vegas would want to trade?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Just wait, we'll soon find ourselves in a situation where WE are dumping cap space and end up having to package assets to dump it, instead of the opposite.

Give up assets to help other team relieve cap space, give up assets to relieve our own cap space.

Never mind soon, I could see it happening next week when free agency opens and suddenly we need cap space to sign more than 1 guy.

Reactions: mossey3535

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
How people don’t see the value of landing a versatile (plays all three positions), cost friendly, top 6 forward that is signed long term, is beyond me.

How people don’t see that the Canucks have a very good shot at being a good team during the 2020-2021 season at minimum (and hence, making our 1st to Tampa on the mid-low end as opposed to being a lottery pick), is beyond me.

Hopefully, @Melvin can continue to explain this deal to you guys and why this deal was mutually beneficial to both teams. He’s one of your people and so I feel confident that Melvin can make people see the obvious light a little more clearly.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Are we all expecting Tyler Myers to don a Canucks jersey in a mega 7 year contract next Monday?

As much as I don't this to come to reality... I think Myers will come on a Edler-type contract... I don't know.. i just think JB could have learned from his Guddy, Eriksson mistakes..

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I am all for this! We will see if Benning has the guts to do this though. He really has yet to think outside the box on much. There’s so many options out there I worry that he gets so blinded by the short game and forgets about the big picture.

It's not that he doesn't have the guts. He just doesn't have the awareness of how this can actually benefit the team. It's what happens when you fire everybody else who has dissenting opinions and mindsets - you don't know what you don't know, which is the worst state of cognizance to be in.

That being said, it is a good idea to actually discuss this stuff because it will let the record show the players any smart poster could have identified in order to gain assets while weaponizing their cap space.

polloqpiu

May 20, 2018
Yea 20/21 will be a good team without a defense. Also Benning is better without a 1st so the supporters of next gm can say but Benning left no prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->