Laine 6gp 2+2
Granny down
Koivu 4gp 2+1 (ok for him)
Lehkonen 6gp 0+2
Pulju in the AHL
Risto 7 gp 0+3 (looking bad)
TT 4gp 2+0 (ok)

Määttä beasting.

Too early to get concerned? Most other top 6 players have been notching in a lot of points because of the rule changes and stuff. It has been pretty depressing to watch.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
0Aho 4gp 0+2
Barkov 5gp 0+3
Rantanen 6gp 1+5 (But looking bad)
Laine 6gp 2+2
Granny down
Koivu 4gp 2+1 (ok for him)
Lehkonen 6gp 0+2
Pulju in the AHL
Risto 7 gp 0+3 (looking bad)
TT 4gp 2+0 (ok)

Määttä beasting.

Too early to get concerned? Most other top 6 players have been notching in a lot of points because of the rule changes and stuff. It has been pretty depressing to watch.
Definitely too early to worry in my opinion. Lets see how it is around the halfway of the season. If things look similar then, I might start becoming worried.

Ajax84

May 23, 2016
EjX2Ed9.png

Reactions: gwh

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lately Barkov has seemed to be waking up, hopefully Laine continues as well.
Those 2 are our main hopes in the NHL.

Isola

Dec 4, 2012
Finland
Lately Barkov has seemed to be waking up, hopefully Laine continues as well.
Those 2 are our main hopes in the NHL.
Barkov last 4 games 3+4=7 and 9. 3+7=10 total. The others haven't really shown up on the scoresheet.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Maurice does not seem to be a fan of Laine, keeps him off the first line with Scheif...
He's not playing with scrubs. Yes, he'd probably produce more with Scheif, but this can't be used as the only excuse. Laine himself hasn't looked good and the effort isn't there.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He's not playing with scrubs. Yes, he'd probably produce more with Scheif, but this can't be used as the only excuse. Laine himself hasn't looked good and the effort isn't there.
Paul Maurice is doing his best to hide a 90s trap. Offensive players struggle in such systems.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Laine and Ristolainen have been dissapointing for sure. Also, the goalies haven't had the best start but I think it will even up as the season goes. It's funny that players like Kossila and Kuokkanen are doing well and surprising everyone while Puljujärvi, Juolevi, Saarela, Kapanen haven't been able to break into NHL. Also, Määttä has been a surprise, although he has slowed down lately. Aho and Teräväinen looked great in their last game, Aho will start scoring soon I believe. Lehkonen plays in a crappy team so bad stats are to be expected.

Finns will be fine.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Laine and Ristolainen have been dissapointing for sure. Also, the goalies haven't had the best start but I think it will even up as the season goes. It's funny that players like Kossila and Kuokkanen are doing well and surprising everyone while Puljujärvi, Juolevi, Saarela, Kapanen haven't been able to break into NHL. Also, Määttä has been a surprise, although he has slowed down lately. Aho and Teräväinen looked great in their last game, Aho will start scoring soon I believe. Lehkonen plays in a crappy team so bad stats are to be expected.

Finns will be fine.
Yes right! But i ve the feeling that finnish players has more Problems to acclimate in NHL than swedish or russian players. What is the reason?

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Four point night for Rantanen and very impressive earlier in the season too. Kid is really underrated, probably would get more attention if it wasn't for Colorado's garbage season last year.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Closing in 20 games mark, a lot of Finns have picked up their point production. Few disappointments still but that's to be expected, very unlikely for everyone to have a great season at the same time.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
TT, Haula and Rantanen overperforming. Koivu not looking too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad