Weak attendence in this years WCH?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Maybe Danes are getting drunk outside of the arena or something. They supposedly sold a lot of tickets.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Whats going on, i thought Herning was hockey city? Why such abysmal showing?

THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE JAN

Danes screwed themselves in how they sold the tickets

Most tickets have been sold and that is all they care about. On secondary sites there are lots of tickets available--locals scooped up lots of the tickets and thought they would make a mint reselling them.

This is the first WC I wont have attended in nearly 8 years--I thought Paris was poorly organized but getting any info from the Danish Organizers was like getting blood from stone. I know a lot of people who go every year and did not go this year because they could not get tickets

Reactions: Retroglyphs

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The way they handled the tickets was terrible, I've heard many complaints about them. The location also isn't very good and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It should absolutely have been in Copenhagen instead.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
The way they handled the tickets was terrible, I've heard many complaints about them. The location also isn't very good and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It should absolutely have been in Copenhagen instead.

Are the Worlds a big deal in Danish media?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE JAN

Danes screwed themselves in how they sold the tickets

Most tickets have been sold and that is all they care about. On secondary sites there are lots of tickets available--locals scooped up lots of the tickets and thought they would make a mint reselling them.

This is the first WC I wont have attended in nearly 8 years--I thought Paris was poorly organized but getting any info from the Danish Organizers was like getting blood from stone. I know a lot of people who go every year and did not go this year because they could not get tickets

How did they go about selling tickets that made it so abysmal? All in packages?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
most of the US and Canada games have been heavily attended...sorry if Latvia vs Belarus isn't packing the house..its a long damn tournament, I have thought the crowds overall have been solid. a lot of these teams are still missing their top players like no Vanek, Pasta, most of Russia lol...the US and Canada has some star power, and Finland as well...but outside of them, not seeing it with other countries which has hurt a bit.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Heh, even the few Danes I have as friends bought lots of tickets for reselling and are getting desperate with them. I guess it's a combination of bad handling by the organizers + everyone having the same idea of getting some extra money by reselling + remote location.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
How did they go about selling tickets that made it so abysmal? All in packages?

The first thing the did was put lower number team tickets in play--the ones they did release got scooped up very quickly. Me and about 20 other Canadians found ourselves all on the outside looking in for Canadian tickets between Dec 15th and jan 15th trying to get tickets and the response we got from the Danes left much to desired. and their suggestion was to get either day tickets or buy individual tickets--first sale went live in Denmark and other Scandinavian countries first and on secondary sites there are a lot of tickets there.

When it came late Jan and none of us were able to get face value tickets we decided not to go.

Tickets have been sold--they are just not being used because a lot of tickets were sold with the idea of flipping them for a huge profit. We got emails--not sure how they got our individual emails--offering us seats at between 4 to 10 times the face value.

I can only speak about Herning--no idea about Copenhagen

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
They shouldn't organize these in non hockey countries. Not enough people who cares. Or they should put down the prices for not so interesting games

you are being a bit arrogant there

may ask how often you have been to Denmark?

I was planning on blogging while I was there

here is a blog I wrote about games in Cardiff, Wales--if you do not consider Denmark a hockey country what do you think of Wales?

Here is a blog I wrote last year on hockey in Wales

Lowetide.ca | JT Shark: A Hockey Experience

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Also it's important to note that the Danish Superliga playoffs are running concurrently with this tournament.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
you are being a bit arrogant there

may ask how often you have been to Denmark?

I was planning on blogging while I was there

here is a blog I wrote about games in Cardiff, Wales--if you do not consider Denmark a hockey country what do you think of Wales?

Here is a blog I wrote last year on hockey in Wales

Lowetide.ca | JT Shark: A Hockey Experience

I've been to Denmark only twice but it was not a hockey season.

All I'm saying I see lot of empty seats

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I thought attendance had been good for the event thus far. I'm watching Sweden/Austria right now and it looks to be well-attended. Game is in Copenhagen though.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Are they really so bad? Koln games were pretty sparse during the day and for weak opponents. I didn’t go to the tournament this year because no offense but Herning is not an attractive destination but I feel like we see this thread every year

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
A ton of Swedes and Czechs in Copenhagen. The games I've seen there have been well attended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad