Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I understand Phil’s point. It echoes what others have experienced in history:

“It’s hard fighting these Indians.”
— General Custer, Battle of Little Big Horn”

“It’s hard making money off gambling”
— Donald Trump, bankruptcy court.

“It’s hard to sing”
— Milli Vanilla, Grammy clawback interview.
I am not really chewing gum
---- Phil Housley

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Thankfully, Don't get MSG and only watch on Center Ice. I am spared the post game stuff.
But I watch from Nhl.com too and get it until the Phil presser cause it uses the MSG feed if you select the Buf feed?

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
When a coach repeatedly says “it’s hard to win in this league” it’s a 100% telltail sign that they do not know how to fix the losing. They’ve tried everything and it’s not working.

Housley is lost.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I can’t help to think back to what Darcy said upon his departure...something to the extent that it was going to be painful. Maybe it’s Karma coming back around for tanking. It seems like this team has been a hot mess since then. Other than our hot start to the season....how much better of a team are we compared to last year?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I can’t help to think back to what Darcy said upon his departure...something to the extent that it was going to be painful. Maybe it’s Karma coming back around for tanking. It seems like this team has been a hot mess since then. Other than our hot start to the season....how much better of a team are we compared to last year?

From last years roster, I think certain pieces (players) are upgraded. I don’t think the execution and coaching staff is upgraded.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
What time should I come over to give you a quick ping?
VerifiableAfraidDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: oldgoalie

Member 308457

I don't like the negative talk about Pominville. He's going to get 20 goals this year. Those guys don't grow on trees He's a guy who knows what it is to have a leadership position with the Sabres. I wouldn't mind bringing him back with a much lower salary along with Vanek, who is also still somewhat productive.

It's these veteran guys who can't even get close to scoring that the Sabres have to cut down on.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I don't like the negative talk about Pominville. He's going to get 20 goals this year. Those guys don't grow on trees He's a guy who knows what it is to have a leadership position with the Sabres. I wouldn't mind bringing him back with a much lower salary along with Vanek, who is also still somewhat productive.

It's these veteran guys who can't even get close to scoring that the Sabres have to cut down on.
Pominville can finish chances here and there, yes, but the rest of the time he is frankly far too slow and weak to make any kind of impact on the ice whatsoever. He has been one of the worst sabres since December. I would be shocked if Botts brought him back.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Pominville can finish chances here and there, yes, but the rest of the time he is frankly far too slow and weak to make any kind of impact on the ice whatsoever. He has been one of the worst sabres since December. I would be shocked if Botts brought him back.
Basically Pominville is at the point of his career where he relies on better players to create offense. He's still very smart on the ice, and knows how to get into scoring position and then finish the chances. Why Phil ever takes him off of Jack's line is beyond me, as that's the only place he's a real contributor to the team. He's honestly a better fit there than Sam, not to mention the added benefit that gives us in the depth department.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
my brother went to this game, first row right behind the Ullmark and he said f*** YOU EICHEL and jack looked at him and rolled his eye, said he's a beast though. bogo also broke glass in warm ups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad